cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSCS - Cant connect to (A)SCS message server!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I've installed an ERP 2005 SR2 HA plattform as described on the Installation master guide:

I've installed:

- Clusterized ASCS instance

- Clusterized SCS instance

- Run Sapinst on first MSCS node

- Run Database Instance

- Run Sapinst on second MSCS node

- Installed locally on node A and B, Enqueue Rep Server (4 instances in total)

- Installed locally on node A, Central Instance

- Installed locally on node B, Dialog Instance

Everything worked perfect and Im able to switch the cluster resource group from one node to another... but still I have an issue:

I set up my SAPLogon so I can connect to my ASCS instance. When trying to connect I get "Waiting for connection..." and nothing happens.

Not even a timeout.

Im not being redirected to the CI or DI instance on where the cluster resource is currently running.

I did the following tests to troubleshoot this:

- I've increased the trace lavel for the ASCS message serve,. when trying to connect, and I get a lot of "MS_LOOP" entries in the dev_msg, but no error messages. As if it is accepting the connection but entering in a loop.

Also no RFC network errors on the logs.

- I've also tested with niping tool, and I get "Connection to message server o.k." and It stays there without timeout.

- I've increased trace level on SAPLogon, but the same as in previous tests: the client is waiting a response from message server.

More info: the dispatcher on both CI and DI are working perfect as I can connect to them directly and logon to the system.

Any ideas of how i cand further troubleshoot this?

Thanks all for your help!

Joan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I believe you have installed everything as it should be and as far as I can understand it works as it should.

you will not be able to logon directly to the acs. The acs is just the message server it doesn't have a dispatcher.

As you can logon directly to both nodes with dialog instances you can reach the dispatcher.

You can only use the acs logging on with a logon group but the you are just forwarded to one of the dispatchers.

I believe you have made a perfect installation.

Regards

Flemming Grand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

I thought the ASCS message server was going to tell the SAPLogon which of the dispatcher instaces was online at the moment and being redirected to the dispatcher.

To resolve the issue (the problem here is that I need to instruct the user to login always to the same system number), I've reinstalled the dialog instance on the second node, using the same system number as the central instance on the first node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

You can test your setup with the procedure here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/94/d4634d086840a081280cb048460c86/frameset.htm.

Best Regards,

Matt