cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone know what how can I do a report within webdynpro? Is there a way to do this or should I try something with IViews?...If the answer is the last one, how can I do it?...I mean, how can I take the data that come from R/3?.

Thanks in advance.

Jesus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jesus,

I'll give you my view on this :

As far as I know the only way to show an HTML page <b>in</b> WebDynpro is through IFrame. But even in this there is no communication possible between WD & the HTML page. you can simply create an HTML page & call it from the WD application. Once I had a similar requirement and I did give a try using a workaround.But it had many flaws.

I dynamically created an HTML page through my WD application using the normal Java code and placed this file in the ~sapIcons folder of the server. Then in my application I gave the source of the IFrame as this file. While creating the file, I used the same file name each time so that the contents will be rewritten. But my application was fetching me the previously written contents. (I had no idea why this happened). Finally I switched over to JspDynpage and built my entire view from there. And I feel it gives you much more flexibility than webDynpro when it comes to the UI part & eventing.

If anyone knows how to achieve this kind of functionality, please do share it. I feel it is going to be very useful in most of the applications.

Hope this helps,

Bes Regards,

Nibu.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In R/3,

First create an RFC enabled function module on the R/3 side which will get the data for you report. Have a Tables parameter with an internal table with all of your report data. Activate and Test.

In NWDS,

Create a webdynpro project, create a modal for adaptive RFC, create a view, build a tableview in the view.

To do all of this, following the tutorial, it can be found in NWDS, under Help--> Help Topics, SAP Netweaver Developer Studio, Sap Web AS for Java Apps, Development Manual, Developing Web Applications, Web Dynpro, Tutorials, Advanced Tutorials, Model Tutorials, Creating a Web Dynpro Application accessing ABAP Functions.

That's it, pretty easy.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not exactly what I ask for... I need to know how to bulid or create a REPORT in NWDS... What I do know so far, is that I have to use an IFrame that receives a URL where the report is built and this way it shows it.

Now, the problem is that I don't know how to create that URL (Report), this is a HTML page with some javascript code.

Thanks again,

Jesus.