cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO creation through transaction code ME25 (vendor unknown) - reg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When I'm doing excercise using transaction code ME25 (PO creation - vendor unknown), the system shows the error message as "Item category not allowed with document type".

How to overcome this issue.

Plz do the needful at the earliest.

Regards,

Chandramohan.N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cahndra,

Please check in the img setting ,for the document type which u r using in ME25, do u have the item category maintained which u r entering

path

IMG....MM......Purchasing..>purcahse order....>define document type

if it is not then maintain it there .

it will get resolved.

Hope it wud have answered ur question

Reward if useful

Aasif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But the problem was not yet solved. I checked the customizing settings. All are fine. Anything else is there in SPRO apart from this?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan

In SAP for each PO dcument type linked with Some allowable Item Category.

Suppose your Item category is not linked with PO document type then it wont allow to create PO

Plase check in Path

SPROMatl Mgnt PurchasingPur.Order-Define Document type-- Allowable Item Category

reward if useful

rewards

Madasamy.R

jagadeesh_madiwalar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Chandramohan

You can do this in IMGMM-PURPO and Define Doc types and select the required Doc type and Select the Allowed Item Category. In this way you can allow the item category to the respective Document type.

The item category determines the field selection and whether any additional data screens are shown.

In addition, it determines whether a goods receipt or invoice receipt is to follow.

The following list contains the item categories defined in the standard SAP R/3 System:

Standard,Consignment,Subcontracting,Third-party,Stock transfer,Service,Material unknown and Material group

If helpful reward the points..

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perform this procedure when an item is known to be on a Contract (Outline Agreement in SAP).

Not for fresh item for which source is unknown

BR

Diwakar

reward if useful