cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post and clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have doubts of post and clear for example in fb05.

1) assume that i DR bank clearing and CR customer. for this double entry. i will post an entry to respective account. my doubt is, how do i know which account need to do the clearing?

2) also assume that both account also clearing account, like point 1, how will i know which clearing account to clear? can i say account defined at first item line will not be cleared but account defined in open items selection.

3) in fb05, if i enter pk 40 for bank account at first line item, then the clearing will happen to customer account. if i put cr customr at first line item, then the clearing will happen to bank clearing. so how do i know which to clear?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi eliana,

1. It depends on your requirement .

Say now customer has has an invoice of Rs 1000 . and customer has given a check of Rs1000

Now you should have passed entry thorguh f-28 but let say you passed in normal entry of Bank clearing account Dr and customer account CR

then now there is two requirment

a. First customer incovie should get cleared... so when the check will be cleared you will pass an clearing entry for customer CR and

Bank clearing entry fr Bank clearing DR..

other things i have answered in previous question

Hope it is clear...

Cheers

Pk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eliana...

Clearing accounts are used to clear reconciliation postings in Financial Accounting. Depending on whether you have made cross-company-code, cross-functional-area, or cross-business-area allocations, different accounts are necessary.

The system makes postings to the company code clearing accounts using a certain hierarchical sequence.

For cost flows that are cross-company code, or for goods movements, the SAP R/3 System uses a company code clearing account for the offsetting entry in the reconciliation posting in FI.

For cost flows that are cross-business area or cross-functional area, the SAP R/3 System uses a business area clearing account for the offsetting entry of the reconciliation posting in FI.

For cost flows that are cross-company code and cross-business area and/or cross-functional area, the SAP R/3 System uses a company code clearing account for the offsetting entry of the reconciliation posting in FI.

Process will be.....

In Customizing for Financial Accounting you must prepare cross-company-code transactions. For more information, see the Customizing for Financial Accounting -

>G/L Accounting -

> Business Transactions -

> Prepare cross-company-code transactions (see: Prepare Cross-Company Code Business Transactions)

If these notes used to fill u r requirements... give me points....

Thank you

Dasharathi