Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTANCE MISSING IN SAPMMC

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all

Please, help me with the following issue:

I have two intsnces: 02 y 03, which one I view in SAPMMC.

By a software installation, I have that restart the server, but, when I start the SAP services,.... surprise !!: Don't appear my 03 instance, and this is my main instance ,...

I have review all the log, the services,.. but i don't know why this instance don't appear in SAPMMC, and the server is down,.

Please, help me with this problem

Regards

Dario Rodriguez.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi .

check this weblog will help u.

/people/victor.lin/blog/2007/07/18/install-sap-mmc-on-windows-pclaptop

regards

ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a similar problem. I tried to connect to SAP Server from my PC and I couldn't do it, I went to the server and it was restarted (maybe a power failure). I opened the MMC and 2 of my instances had disappeared (of 3 instances).

When windows 2003 server starts it shows the next message:

<i>At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for details.</i>

I opened the services and looked for the sap services, one was stopped <i>SAPR36_00</i> then I tried to start it and the following message appears:

<i>Could not start the SAPR36_00 service on Local Computer.

Error 5: Access is denied.</i>

I have read the SAP Notes 82751 and 142100. I checked both share folders permissions SAPMNT or SAPLOC. I also checked the that the SAPSTARTSRV.EXE has the permissions of the user that start the service.

I did what Arun VK says but when I run SAPSTART.EXE, it doesn't show anything. I also check the dll files and i didn't find <i>librfc32.dll</i> in my server.

Someone can help me with this problem I would really appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Issac,

From your reply i understood that ur hostname is SAPR36 and instance no is 00..But i dint find teh SID

run the following command from <DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\run

STARTSAP name=<b><SID></b> nr=00 SAPDIAHOST=SAPPR36

It looks like some problem is there with the service SAPR36_00.(It is not starting).If the service is not there please inform me.

Please check the following things.

1)check whether the service SAPR36_00 is available in the system.

2)If it is there try to start it manually.Also start the SAPOSCOL.

3)If it is not starting put the password of the SAPService<SID> to the service

and try to start the service.

4)Also you please copy a librfc32.dll from some other servers and paste it.

5)Now register the librfc32.dll

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, I have just fixed the problem. I just reinstall the service with the SAPSTARTSRV application, this is in the folder ...\SYS\exe\run. The problem that gave me was that I couldn't install the service with the user that SAP creates to run the service. And I just install the service with the Local System User. Then the application allowed me to reinstall the service, then I just got into the services (SERVICES.MSC) and change the user in the properties of the service, in the log on tab. This works for me.

Thanks anyways Arun VK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please close the issue with status <b>Answered</b>.

Reward points are welcome

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Check the shares saploc and sapmnt is available in the system.

2) IF both the shares are there ion the system try to start the system from the cmd.

format : STARTSAP.EXE name=<SID> nr=<SYSNR> SAPDIAHOST=<host>

Also try to add the nodes frum the mmc.(File->Add and remove snap in.select SAP Systems>enter the required values....

3) Also check the librfc32.dll and librfc32u.dll files in the c:\windows\system32.

If it is not registered ,try to register it .

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it sneak preview which u have installed If so install Java stack should be installed first if there is abap stack also.

Use the reg clean util to clean and then install