cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V_V2 vs. VA02 availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have a strange problem. When the sales order is created or changed, the availability check brings delivery proposal with multiple schedule lines ( for example around 10 confirmed schedule lines that makes up the order qty and we save this delivery proposal. When we run the hourly V_V2 batch job (or V_v2 in the foreground), the sales order item is confirmed with one schedule line taking the last schedule line date of previous delivery proposal. Ideally these VA02 availibility check and V_V2 should behave the same way. We don't use any delivery priority or anything. Not sure why this is happening. V_V2 should have the same delivery proposal, correct? Because of this weird behaiour, the V_V2 confirmed schedule line is far in the future so this would never come up for delivery due batch job though customer wants partial dliveries (not complete delivery and we don't maintain the completely delivery indicators at all). can you guys help..

We use SAP std availability check 02 with the cumuation option 3 which is SAP recommended.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we got this problem resolved. For V_V2 to process correctly as that of VA02 availability check, make sure to maintain the Default settings under availability check if we want the full delivery or delivery proposal etc. for the sales area. We should have C or E here if we use delivery proposal. (SPRO  Sales and distribution  basic functions  Availability check  Availability check  Availability with ATP check  maintain default settings.

VA02 availability check will give options for delivery proposal, complete delivery etc. But V_V2 would take this config setting for back order processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you so much, I also just found this out from my SAP manager. We just implemented several new sales org and the new SD person did not configure this.

Thanks for sharing!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone advice me on what the C or E settings in SPRO -> Sales and distribution ->basic functions ->Availability check -> Availability check -> Availability with ATP check -> maintain default settings means?

I am running V_V2 as well and I have this problem when the system correctly confirms the backorders and creates a new schedule line for previously unconfirmed items.

However, on the next day, when V_V2 runs again, it reschedule these newly created schedule line to a further date in the future.

I did not set C or E in the config, left it blank.

Best Regards

Junwen

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rangaswami

When you reschedule (transaction <b>V_V2</b>), orders that contain items determined in product selection are reevaluated. If the substitution settings have changed, or there is more product available, the system may determine other substitutes. This may result in products being promised to the customer other than those agreed to at the time of order entry. To avoid this, you can set the fixed date and qty indicator in the order (choose Goto --> Item --> Schedule lines). The system will not take the order account when rescheduling.

Items determined in product selection are only considered in a rescheduling run when you have set the input parameters to include all materials. If you specify only certain materials, main and sub-items from product selection are excluded.

The fixed date and quantity indicator <b>does not</b> influence product selection in the delivery.

If a product selection item has been partially delivered, the system does not take it into account in rescheduling runs.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi Ji,

can u plz give me ur mail........

i would like talk 2 u.

chinta_sapsd@yahoo.mail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murli_m, did you actually get your answer? I am also facing the same question and do not know what is the reason to this strange behavior.

Please share if you got it.

Thanks,

Laura