cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.tpz files naming convention / export from PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I export the repository or Directory content from PI 7.0 the naming convention PI gives its own naming convention. Starting wit XI3_0 * .tpz

Why does it start with XI3_0*.tpz for we have PI 7.0?

Do we need to change any Visual admin or exchange profile parameter to get the naming convention to PI7_0*.tpz

Thanks

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The import and export functionality of XI 7.0 uses the expression 'XI 3.0' instead of 'XI 7.0' in all transport screens of the Integration Builder. Furthermore the name of XI 7.0 exports will always start with the prefix 'XI_3_0' and not 'XI_7_0'.

<b>Reason and Prerequisites</b>

The reason for this behaviour is that the transport code and format of XI 7.0 and XI 3.0 is identical.

<b>Solution</b>

There is no fix for the naming convention, but there is a positive consequence: XI 3.0 export files can be produced by XI 3.0 and XI 7.0 and can be imported into XI 3.0 and XI 7.0.

Refrence Note

Note 936254 - XI 3.0 Imports and Export in XI 7.0

Award points if helpful.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have awarded you points. Thanks

Thanks Sachin.

Message was edited by:

SACHIN KAGLIWAL

Message was edited by:

SACHIN KAGLIWAL

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

using the File syetm, it has it's own naming convention and it will not allow you to import if you change that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys I dont think we can change it. I think SAP has kept the naming convention for upgrade compatibilty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I think we can specify name as per requirement

Check out this blog by Youvraj... ( Naming Convention Part)

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

The blog u referred is for CMS Transport.But he is asking for File Transport. CMS Transport u can have ur own naming conventions, but file transport i'm not sure. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey buddy

yes,you are correct,when using FMS we can't change the file name,if we do so we will get error during importing

Thanx

Aamir