cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock users during deplyment of SP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a for you probably trivial problem. I'm about to deploy SP 10 on a CRM 5.0 system.

During the process I need to lock all users except my self and some RFC users. It is easy with SU10 if the number of users are limited. However , we use ISA on the front of the CRM system and have more than 50 000 users in the system, and SU10 will only allow max 5 000 in the selection.

I have searched trough SDN and the only other solution I we fund is EWZ5 but that transaction does not exist in the CRM system only i R/3.

Even if one theoretically could use SU10 and load users from a file it is not easy not to unlock users that should be locked. Best would be if there where a way to lock all except specified users, such as DDIC or so.

Any one know about a transaction that can help me?

BR Lennart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I will use tp locksys. It should work. Many thanks to all of you.

BR Lennart

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the database level you can lock a user by setting uflag to 64 in sapr3.usr02. Set it to 0 to unlock.

• This is for a 4.6 system, the schema name is different for later versions.

• With as many users as you have, if you do this via a script (recommended) I would suggest saving the value of uflag for any already locked users beforehand, so that they will still be locked when you are finished - you don't want to unlock all users wantonly.

• If you're not confident fiddling with your database, a friendly developer can get the same result programmatically.

• Test this in a non-productive system first!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lennart,

Please use,

tp locksys <sapsid>

The specified R/3 System is locked to prevent users other than SAP* and DDIC from logging on. When a user other than SAP* or DDIC logs on to the system, the message: Logon not possible.

tp unlocksys <sapsid>

The lock set by the command tp locksys <sapsid> is deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

tplocksys will lock yourself and the rfc users he mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some background jobs that I don't want to cancel. tp lock will stop all, is there no way of letting selected users log on? The system is a NW 2004s i.e. WAS 7.0 with a CRM 5.0 app (mySAP 2005).

BR Lennart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lennart,

Locksys, will allows you to login with DDIC, so it's not a problem.

When it comes to BTC , job's will be running. Do you want to allow some users to log in? then what's the point in locking the system?. This is not allowed to lock few users and allow some ...with locksys command.

Regards,

Hari.