cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical Message Mapping : If With Else

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friend,

I am using the IF WITH ELSE function of the graphical mapping and I see that true case is never getting executed.

Whatever the logical value returns, only the else portion get executed.

Is it a bug in the function ? Did anyone experience it ever and is there any solution for this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

what is your condition....give us more details.

Nilesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pranav,

If you could put you mapping here.. somebody would be able to help.

Check the Qs at test time.. If the condition is returning a true, the source mapped from normal route would map to the destination. Otherwise, the source is taken from the else part. If you are handling with contexts on the other side, you would have to use the node functions after the if then else appropriately.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

--->I am using the IF WITH ELSE function of the graphical mapping and I see that true case is never getting executed.

No Friend :-)..I think you need to spend a bit more time on Advanced Mapping using boolean functions..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont think its a bug!!!

check this weblog... how<b>ifWithoutElse</b> is executed

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/01/09/the-use-of-suppress-in-the-xi-30-graphical-mapping-tool

it should help u in understanding the functionality of the function!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pranav,

Is it a bug in the function?

NO

pranav, i think you have to re check the same and then get back, it cant be bug, just look through carefully in the mapping, see the value of condition, it is usually set to false,

regards

Ramesh P