cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I wanna restrict the material in the sales order to be only from the same division entered in the initial screen, please tell me what to do??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

do not extend the sales doc to the required sales area (sales org,dc, div).

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mostafa,

One more solution and I think this is better.

Maintain the division in Material Master what ever you want it to be.

In Customizing, T Code VOV8, select your order type and under general control Tab, make the check division as 2 which would give an error, if the division in item and header is different.

This would surely solve your problem

Please reward if it helps.

THanks

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mostafa,

You have to maintain the division for the Material and in the sales document type configuration (VOV8), For the "Check division" field you have to select 2 (Error),

Then system will throw an error if the item division is different to Header division.

Below is the explanation from SAP about the field "Check division"

"Controls how the system reacts during sales order processing when a division that is entered or proposed at the item level differs from the division in the document header.

"

Regards,

Ajai.

Don't forget to reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mostafa,

The Main Control is in Customer Master.

Make sure the customer is not extended to any other division than which you need it to be.

If suppose you want division 01 then only maintain the customer in that 01 division. Do not extend the customer to any other division than 01.

This would allow that system would not accept any other division than 01.

The other option is using User Exit, by which you would make that field as critical.

Try this and let us know if it works.

Please award if its helpful.

Thanks

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Settings in VOV8:

Check division - 2 error

Item division - No tick

this indicates whether the division at the item level is proposed from the MMR of the item or whether the division you enter in sales document header also counts for all items