cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variable not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a very simple bps application. I am having trouble getting the variable to work. I created a variable for CalendarYearMonth with replacement type user-defined values. I have the "restriction of values required by user" unchecked and the "Input allowed by user" checked and gave my id as the user name.

Under selection tab in planning level, I set this variable in the From part of the characteristic. I am using this char as a lead colum in the layout.

When I run the application, I don't get an option to enter the variable value. I am not sure what I did wrong.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

You need to have the varaible added to the web interface. This can be done using a web cmponent called 'variable selector'. Have you done this?

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this but it doesn't work.

What settings do I give to the variable selector? I chose the planning area, the variable and gave the source for selection as the planning level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I use the variable select appearance as "input" it works. But I want the values for the variable to be displayed as a drop down box. In that case it doesn't show it right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind, I used the "helpinput" type and that does what I want. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you create your BSP application? Did you use Web Interface Builder (WIB)? WIB has options to add variables to the Web application.