cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter accessing SQL2005 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue accessing an SQL2005 database from XI, I cannot seem to connect to it no matter what I do. This is what I did:

JDBC driver:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Connection:

jdbc:sqlserver://10.0.0.2:1433;DatabaseName=SAPTestData

I have deployed the drivers (sqljdbc.jar), changed the provider.xml file etc...

Now I'm thinking maybe the problem is with deploying the file... even do I did that,

SDM put the new com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib in the follwoing directory:

E;\usr\sap\PID\DVEBMGS01\SDM\root\origin\sap.com

According to the instructions for the installation, I was expecting to see it in :

E:\usr\sap\PID\DVEBMGS01\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\

Thanks in advance for you help,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Can you please copy / paste error message from SXMB_MONI..

Also check the JDBC CC status in RWB...you will get better idea about error .( You can paste error message here)

Last but not least check your SQL Username/password used to connect SQL Server in JDBC CC..

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Thanks for your reply, this is the error I receive:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:sqlserver://10.0.0.2:1433;DatabaseName=SAPTesting' using the JDBC driver 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:sqlserver://10.0.0.2:1433;DatabaseName=SAPTesting': SAPClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'

Thanks,

Marc

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the class path whether you have mentioned is right

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Error says it could not find SQL server class....Also just cross check steps again.

Refer to following config guide for delopyment steps .

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000591425&_OBJECT=011000358700001697502004E

Nilesh