cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SDBILLDL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I am an FI guy but just looking into some billing issues that we have. We are running RV60SBAT to schedule the background billing jobs. I believe this job schedules a number of SDBILLDL jobs in the background.

As per my observation, RV60SBAT is scheduling 10 background jobs every time it is run. Only one of these jobs (usually 9th job) is successful and all the others are in cancelled status. The only message that I get from the job log is "Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE".

I checked ST22 and SM21 and did not find any information on this.

Can you please tell me what is causing this error and how to resolve it.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishan,

I have gone through similar issue. I got it resolved by doing debugging and Analyzing in difft ways.. Let me make it simple for you.

The reason for those Job abends is.." One or some of the billing docs are giving errors while creating ". Now the task is to identify those sales docs which is giving error while creating billing doc.

The best way is to

-->Go to VF04 and get the billing due list for all the dates that you got the error.

--> Sort the list by the document # ( You will know the reason latter)

--> Now select the first few sales documents( say 50 for example) and process them collectively. Before processing the selected 50 documents,note down the 51st document # .

--> If it 50 documents get processed successfully, then select from 51 to 100...

If you get error in this set, then it means that the error billing doc exists in this list. So narrow down the list till you get the document thats causing the error.

It looks to be cumbersome, You can generate much better logic to process the list once you start looking into the issue.

<i>Reason that I followed above method was, you can't debut all the hundreds of Invoices as you won't get any error in atleast 95 % of them' SO rather than wasting your time in debugging all the invoices, try to trace out the doc thats giving you the error in the way I explained.?"</i>

Hope it solves your issue.

Regards,

Ajai.

Don't forget to reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajai and Aaon

Thank you for your replies and suggestions. I observed that our variant for RV60SBAT was too generic without a limitation on billing date. I just changed the variant to pick only the docs with current date as the billing date. I hope this will prevent the billing job from getting cancelled as the reason for most of the abends on this job were caused by the deliveries from the previous posting periods.

Aaon : I checked ST22 again as per your suggestion but was unsuccessful in finding any notes pertaining to my issue. Could it be because this job (SDBILLDL) was created as a result of a parent job (RV60SBAT)??

Ajai: Ur suggestion really helped me in finding out the root cause of the job failure. Thanks for ur suggestion.

Points were assigned. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishan,

You told that "<b>I just changed the variant to pick only the docs with current date as the billing date</b>."

But this is risky,

By changing the variant to pick only todays document will keep u happy by not throwing any error because of errors in previous docs. But at the same time you should rectify the errors if you have any in the previous docs and then run the VF04 with all docs till date.

This will make sure that you always bill all the shipments that you have made.

For eg: With the latest setting you made.. If you have any error in Job log of Day 1. On Day 2 you won't get any error. But if some one really didn't take care of Day 1 Job all the shipments on that day will not be billed..

<b>My suggestion is</b> : Even though you changed the variant to current date, Please rectify the error documents and reset the variant to pick all the previous docs. If you can't rectify them then keep a Billing block on the sales order of those documents so that they will not come up in the billing due list.

Regards,

Ajai.

Don't forget to reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajai

I thought of that problem. So, we decided to clear all the existing problems in the documents that were not released to billing and start of with a clean slate.

So, from now on, our invoice job will select only docs with current date. If we have any issues with a document, the job will cancel out. The downside is that we have to monitor for cancelled invoice jobs everyday.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Look at ST22 again, below the section called "Source Code Extract" on the left hand side of the page you'll see some numbers (lines in the code) then you'll see an arrow looking like this----

>. That would be where the program failed.

when you are about to execute the program again, enter /h in the command box, this will take you in debug. Go to Breakpoint > breakpoint at > Statement. You can enter the statement (e.g. select) you see in the line where the arrow mentioned above is press F8.

This will not solve the problem but at least you will have a better idea what is happening

Please reward if helpful

Regards

Aaon