Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM - Picking without interim storage area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the picking process :

For the outbound delivery, I need the transfer order to go in an interim storage area which bins with their proper coordinates (not the outbound delivery number), and the would work just like the 916 interim storage bin.

Is this possible in the standard system ?

The best for me would be this storage type (that would replace the 916 for example) to have a Putaway strategy "L" - Next empty bin and to allow negative stock (in order to avoid stock accumulation).

Does anyone has an idea or a clue that would lead me to a solution ?

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this -

SPRO> LE>WM>Activities>Transfers--> Define Movement Types

then, you warehouse# and movement type that your project uses for GI to delivery...(say 601) double click and go to its detail.

Here, it controls what should the destination storage type be, when IM posts 601 ...the corresponding WM action. It would be 916 for you ...You may overwirte it with your own storage type that you want. You may also have an active check box for Indicator: dynamic destination bin. This check box along with two other indicators just below it controls the Dynamic Bin determination and what should that bin number be (example Delivery Note or Customer number etc) Deactivate it. You may remove those values. Underneath, there will be control data in which you will find manual storage bin input. Activate it. It will allow you to enter the bin# in the dstination storage type that you entered just above. If you use RF, this would be an Ideal Solution.

Reward if it helps!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help, this is a good solution to my problem.

Is there any way for the system to determine the storage bin without having to put it manually ?

I did not find any....

Thank you !

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system can determine the bin automatically in general, depending on the putaway strategy you use in the material master (and its corresponding config work). By using the appropriate storage type there, and if you setup putaway strategy, it should work....Explore in this area and do it yourself. If you can work yourself in this area, most of WM will be just repetition with some little additions. So, you can work confidently in WM...

Regards

Answers (0)