cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create ECO 5.0 CRM project in NWDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I created a development track in NWDI and next I want to create a project in NWDS.

So I switched to the inactive DCs view in NWDS and I choosed the SAP_SHRWEB_1 DC and selected the entry crm/isa/web/b2b and created a project. But I cant find the project in the NWDS workspace.

I dont know whats going wrong because I already went this way for ECO for R/3 several times.

kind regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael

You create the project in Development Configuration Perspective.

To view the projects you need to click on J2EE Perspective.

For that click on Windows --> Open Perspective

You should be able to see the projects which have been created.

If you have any further questions shoot away

Hope this helps.

Regards

Stride.

P.S Please award points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I already developed a few ERP ECO Projects with NWDI and NWDS so I know where to find the projects. Any other ideas?

kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the logfiles in my workspace and I found the following entry:

!ENTRY com.tssap.util 4 0 Nov 05, 2007 18:22:17.832

!MESSAGE Nov 5, 2007 6:22:17 PM com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DCWizardUtil [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] Error: Project Creation failed: Invalid project description.

!STACK 1

org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Invalid project description.

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.checkDescription(Project.java:131)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.create(Project.java:220)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DCWizardUtil.createDCProject(DCWizardUtil.java:1025)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DCWizardUtil.createProjectFromDC(DCWizardUtil.java:852)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction$1.createProjects(DcCreateProjectAction.java:402)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dc.DcCreateProjectAction$1.execute(DcCreateProjectAction.java:305)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:71)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1595)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:85)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

Does anyone knows the reason for the error message 'Invalid project description' ?

kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I resolved my problem. The reason was that I switch the NWDS from one NWDI to another NWDI. So if you have to switch the NWDI you should perform the following steps:

1. rename the folder .dtr and .dtc in your home directory so that NWDS will create the directories again.

2. start your NWDS with another workspace which can be done with the data parameter ( -data "c:\myworksapce... whatever"). I think the problem is based on the entries in the .metadata directory.

kind regards

Michael