cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Error Permanent Error in BPE inbound processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I require some urgent help on this BPM issue.

We are trying to integrate SRM PO being directly sent to Vendors using HTTP. We are getting an error saying ‘Permanent Error in BPE inbound processing’. The scenario works like this.

SRM system would sent PO using the SRM Standard interface PurchaseOrderRequest_Out. We need to transform the message into cXML format and send it to the vendors using HTTP adapter. Using the HTTP response we need to trigger an email to the business process team.

The SRM interface is under the software component SAP SRM Server 5.5 and our mapping is being done in a common software component and for the vendor interface we have another software component. We have created a relationship in the SLD by making the common SWC as dependent software component to SAP SRM Server and Vendor Software Component. So in the integration repository we are able to get the interfaces for the SAP SRM Server and Vendor Software Component under the common software component. The receive step for this BPM is a copy of the standard SRM interface PurchaseOrderRequest_Out(as the standard interface is an asynchronous interface) and we would require an abstract interface for the BPM. We have checked the semantics for the BPM and its fine. The related ID development is in place. When the message is being triggered, it gives us this above mentioned error. When we go to the QRFC monitor we are able to check the details.

Regards,

Indranil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what exactly do you have in your BPM? what steps?

when you go to SXMB_MONI_BPE can you see your process?

Away to get round this is t have an exception branch in your block which just kills the process...

but tell me more about the BPM itself and I might beable to help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

the BPM is used for the transformation and getting the HTTP response and sending the email.

I cannot see the process. as I feel it is not going to the BPM itself and there is no exception handling done in the bpm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had this problem before especially with transform branches

ok it is usually something strange in your mapping step... some sort of error.

sometimes this happens if you have a certain type of mapping or certain value mapping functions in your mapping.

But to make it so you can actually see your IP and it doesn't keep blocking the q put the transform step within a block and define an exception...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

You don't see you BPM....

• First go to SXI_CACHE and check that your BPM is listed there and that the compilation has been completed succesfully.

• Is this the first time the BPM is being used? If so check if has been configured. For example, go to RWB->Component Monitoring->BPE in <SYSID>

and check if any error is listed there.

• In order to check what is going on in your BPM you can trace it:

SXMB_MONI_BPE->Diagnosis Processes with Errors

SXMB_MONI->Process, get your msg and click on 'PE'. You should see the workitems and see if there is any error.

Hope this helps you....

Regards,

Encinas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the following checks like:

1. sxi_cache -- looks fine with a return code 0 and the last compile time is correct.

2. In the runtime workbench --- > BPE --- > has no errors.

3. swf_xi_customizing --> is also in place.

4. SXMB_MONI_BPE-> Diagnosis Processes with Errors -- > we cannot see any IP in the selection.

5. When we click PE in SXMB_MONI for the message in the QRFC monitor we are seeing the error that is mentioned as

Sysfail --- > Permanent Error in BPE inbound processing

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indranil,

Goto BPM workflow and click "Technical atrributes"...Then expand all nodes. You shall see exception in one of the step.

Also you can check if you workflow has ne error by TC: SWWD. Put your workflow id and do syntax check...if there is ne error it will show yo.

Hope this will help.

Nilesh