cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my english.

In BPM how to say if a receive step is not receiving in a period of time then just go onto to next step.

So I sending message and after my send I have receive step and i am not receiving the message after my send by maybe 1 min then I must just carry on with next step of process and leave receive step behind.

I looking at deadline branch already but this is not helping my scenario since I am looping as well so this can occur many time but dealine branch cant have same condition to execute the same deadling branch or can it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

as far as i can remember you can execute any step in the <i>Deadline</i> branch,i dont think there is any constraint in it

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. but cannot select same dealing branch in deadling branch... i try already...

will fork work with 2 branches one wait and other receive.... which ever finish first is then going to next step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i have confirmed now,you can have any step in a <i>deadline</i> branch

did u specify any steps in the deadline branch?you need to specify some steps in deadline branch.

i know deadline will work in your case,not sure about <i>wait</i> though

Thanx

Aamir

Message was edited by:

Aamir Suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok so in my sceanario I have send followed by receiver and after many other steps.. All these steps are in one loop.

So if receive not executed in 1 min then I can call deadline branch which will then execute my whole scenario again from beginning of loop and if receive not happen again in 1 min then again I call same deadline branch already called and again it will start loop again.

This obviously means I have exactly same loop and steps in deadline branch as in original block...

so I can keep recalling and recalling the same deadlin branch in case of not receive in 1 min

Former Member
0 Kudos

you see I know you can have any step in deadlie branch... my question is can you recall that same deadline branch should your receive step again not receive in one minute

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>my question is can you recall that same deadline branch should your receive step again not receive in one minute

ofcourse it will,there is no constraint on how many times the Deadline branch can be called,it will be called as soon as the deadline condition for the block is reached.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes but if the block is within deadline branch itself then can it recall deadline.

reason ask is i do not see any option to select deadline again

Former Member
0 Kudos

p.s. I thinking maybe have fork which has a receive on one branch and other a wait step. then only one branch is met.

So either receive step occurs of wait step comes to its end. Can this be a way to handle it?

Can have wait step as a branch of fork?