cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing the login page

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you want to change the login page for the portal, you simply create a new portal component, and point the portal at it. Easy. However, I'm not sure how to change the login page for the standard J2EE engine.

We've created a web app that is currently using the standard basic authentication login module, and we would like to customize the appearance (instead of the netweaver branded login form, we would like to use a company branded version). How is this, or can this be done? I can't find anything in the documentation that indicates how the html for the login page can be modified. Theoretically, it would mean making a change to the /login application to change the HTML pages contained therein - not the best solution, since your changes would be trashed during the next patch cycle....

Can someone point me in the right direction?

We're using NW 7.0 SP13.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I guess what you would like to do is customize the ume logon application screens.

If this is the case this link should be helpful:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/fc3ae22adb025fe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

It describes what customizing options are available for the image, text etc.

I hope this helps.

Greetings, Myriana

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I was looking for, thanks Myriana.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check out these 2 links:

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/modifying-the-logon-paror-customising-the-logon-screen

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/22/modifying-the-logon-paror-customising-the-logon-screen--part2

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Elaini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your suggestion is for changing the logon screen for the portal - I've already customized that...

I'm looking at changing the logon screen for the J2EE engine itself, not the irj (portal) application.