cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have created a value mapping in the ID. My requirement is to map couple of incoming values to some other values and rest with one value.

e.g Value mapping table looks like

AAA -

> 100

BBB -

> 200

CCC -

> 300

What would value mapping return if we have incoming value as DDD or EEE; for which there is no entry in the value mapping table ?

thanks

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why u dont go for FixValue Mapping in Mapping itself.

If DDDD or EEE comes then u can specify the default value also...

like if DDDD comes then output will be space(blank) or default value as per the

requirement.

Thanks

Farooq

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will return a Null value as long as the value mapping was executed correctly,if value mapping itself had some errors then you will get <i>ValueMappingException</i>Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone for your valuable response.

I have used the value mapping in the graphical message mapping.

I am trying to compare below two expressions :

(a) <input_value>------- <VALUE MAPPING>

(b) <Null>

For the <Null>, I have used the available CONSTANT function and put the value "null".

But by using the value mapping in this way, I am getting the message mapping error.

Please help me in this.

Thanks

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

the <Null>, I have used the available CONSTANT function and put the value "null".

If your value mapping returns <Null> why will a mapping error come ? I dont think mapping error will come.

What do u want to do when you get a <Null> value ?

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravan,

If i remember correctly the value mapping will return nothing if entry does not exist in table. Or might be whatever comes in the source will be returned.

It would hardly take 2 min to test the same. So you can get the answer yourself..

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right just take the input message...change the value to DDDD...and use send the message from RWB to IS..in case u cannot send or u r depend on test data;-)

Regards

Farooq.

*Rewards Points if u find it useful*