cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup of Zebra S600 printer to local pc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

I am trying to setup a Zebra S600 barcode printer to be able to print from a desktop. The printer is connected directly to the pc via parallel cable. I have created a form with Zebra's Bar ONE software and (I think) have the correct Device Type installed (LB_ZEB2). I was trying to set it up following SAP note 179534, using the local printing option, using the desktop as the print server.

How is the Output Device supposed to be setup? I am not sure of the method I need to use to install (in SPAD I tried to use method "U" but unsure what should the port number be changed to since windows uses 515 for spools).

Also, would there be any other information aside from the note regarding the linking of the fields from SAP to those on the form?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

what error are you getting in SP01?

MAKE SURE, in TCODE SPAD, host name of the printer should be typed in case sensitive, if you have upper case in os level, should be same in SAP level as well.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems the one issue was a case sensitive one as well as printer settings.

Thanks for your assistance.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to setup the printer in OS level first. make sure that you are able to print it in os level. then go to spad,

type * where it says out put devices,

click change and click create.

Device name and short name keep it same. let say you named abc12

then Device type: chose which describes best...

click access method tab,

Host printer: should be your printer name. this is case sensitive. other wont work. same it and when you try to print, printer names hould abc12...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been able to set up other printers before in that method you described (for normal laser printers), but unfortunately it does not seem to be working with the barcode printer I am trying to set up.

The test label from the OS using BARONE prints fine but not in SAP. I am not sure if this is due to the label that was imported does not pull the correct (if any) field details from SAP to print or if the printer is not setup correctly in SAP or if it is a combination of both problems.

Did a barcode/label printer work for you in SAP setup in the way you described?