cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Optimizer - Demand classes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

on the APO product master I can maintain penalty costs for 3 different demand classes : customer demand, corr.forecasts, forecasts.

Where can I see/influence which categories are assigned to this demand classes ?

Thanks for any help on this!

Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

The assignment is 'Implicit' in APO to have Customer Sales Orders and Deliveries and STO Deliveries to the 'Customer Demand' Category. This is not Configurable to my last working experience on SCM 4.1 Not sure of SCm 5.x if something new has come up. Sales Orders and Deliveries SNP Order Categories decide this implicitly inside APO.

I am however unsure of how SCM-APO SNP differentiates between 'Forecast' (FA) and Corrected Forecast (??). I read a Solution Manager document for SCM2007 (you can find this on help.sap.com inside SCM-APO inside SCM5.x) and this talks briefly about identifing these as different by the 'Key Figures' in the SNP Planning area. In SNP each Forecast type finally needs to be a Order Category too .. so I am not sure of the Corrected Forecast's Order Category. Try seeing the SNP Planning area Definition and the Keyfigures for the two and the SNP Order Category Groups assigned to the 2 KeyFigures. Hopefully this should answer u.

In my Optimizer Experience, I've treated Forecast and Corrected Forecast as same and given them same penalties for non-delivery and delay. There is no business need to differentiate between the two in our case. Can't think of why these should be different ... but I am not a know-it-all. For sure a Customer Sales Order demand Penalty is different because not fulfulling a Customer Order rightly should carry a Higher Penalty than a Forecast Demand class.

Hope this helps. This is all I know.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I think this is decided by the different SNP Order Categories.

eg : Customer Demand = SNP Order Categories BF, BR or OR (not sure of last one). The Forecast SNP Category is Forecast Category FA & FB.

I think the Corrected Forecast could be a different SNP Order Category. I did not have access to APO when I wrote this, can you Please check SNP Order Categories FC & FD to check if any of them stand for Corrected Forecast.

In Summary, it is my the SNP Demand Order Categories, that the SNP Optimizer decides which Penalty to use.

Hope this helps,

Ambrish Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

thanks for your answer. I understand that it is determined by the category to which demand class a demand is assigned.

But where can I see the assignment? I cannot find a category group "Customer Demand" or something like this .

Thanks for more info!

Regards

Stefan