cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What settings in MRP to create Automatic Purchase Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

PP members:

What settings do we need to make in<b> MRP</b> to create Automatic Purchase Orders?

Discussions with a friend of mine he was mentioning that we cannot create Automatic Purchase Orders but we can maintain in <b>MRP</b> for <b>Automatic Purchase Requisitions</b>

If we cannot maintain settings <b>Automatic Purchase Orders</b> in <b>MRP</b>, then what are the settings do we need to maintain in <b>MRP</b> for <b>Automatic Purchase Requisitions</b>

Please elucidate on the above

Suren R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suren,

Directly getting a Purchase order after MRP run is not possible. But SAP provides option to convert PR to PO automatically using ME59N transaction which can be scheduled in background.

Prerequistes for automatic PO creation:

1. Vendor should be enable with automatic purchase order (Purchase data)

2. Material should be enabled with autom PO (Purchasing View)

3. Source List needs to be maintained with preferred vendor as fixed Vendor in the list and also make this record relevant for MRP.

4. Maintain Inforecord for the Material

Now get your planning completed (MRP run), and then use transaction ME59N to create single PO for multiple PR's of a single vendor or any other combination based on the intial screen selection fields.

Hope this helps.... reward your points and close the thread if so,

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabosh:

Thank you for a detailed explaination on the question posted

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

To create PR, I think you know the settings as our freinds told in this thread...

If you want automatic PO after MRP....you can mark auro PO tick in material master purchasing view for a given plant, which will redude your work soem extent.

please come back if you need more information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we can not create <b>purchase orders</b> automatically using MRP run

During MRP run if you want to create Purchase requisations for Procurement type :F you have to specify in MRP control Parameters in create Purchase requisations --1(Create Purchase requisations), if 2 was given it will create Purchase requisations in opening period and after opening period will create Planned Orders.Opening period will be defined using Scheduling Margin Key.

One more thing conversion of Purchase requisations to Purchase order will taken care by Materials Person not by PP person (MRP controller etc), Upto Purchase requisations only we are in Picture..

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suren,

In MD02 / MD03 / MD01

you give this value " Purchase Requisitions " in the field Create Purchasse Requistions: ( avoid Planned Orders )

Regards

Krishna