SAP SCM Demand Planning configuration.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arathi,

In the process of configuring the system for SCM Demand PLanning, it is near impossible to create so called APO cubes because sales orders form the historical data for Demand Planning.

They are consolidated in Logistics Information System structures and are then uploaded to a SAP BW InfoCube.

The SAP APO system updates the characteristic combinations based on the existing combinations in the already existing Info Cube.

From this you can understand that the data gets automatically loaded to a BW infocube and the APO system performs only the required updates and hence we have no control over this process, which means we cannot create APO cubes through Demand planning configuration.

Regards

Callistus D'gama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Callistus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you asking about cubes in APO or you are asking about APO generated cubes. There are 2 types of cubes in APO, BW and APO. BW cubes can be created in RSA1. Where as APO generated cubes cannot be created in RSA1. APO generates them when you create and activate a Planning object structure or when you take backup of your Planning area.

If you are asking about APO generated cubes, if we can create them....the answer is NO. Only APO can generate them.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks visu venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your question is answered, please mark it answered.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi visu,

i saw ur reply for generic extraction....could u plz tell me in detail what is genric and process chian .how to do generic and proces in detail and send me any documents to swathi4bw@gmail.com in step by step method

thanks in advance,

swathi.