cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report required listing transports that have gone into Production System?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have auditors requesing a report listing the transports that have gone into the production system over the last 6 months. I have gone into the import queue for production but there are no transports listed there, even though transports have gone in. Can someone please tell me how to go about extracting this transport list?

Thanks

S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

There are two ways of finding these. The first is to pull the import history from the production queue in STMS. To do this run STMS, click the queues button (truck icon), and double-click the queue for prd. Them from the menus select Goto-> Import History. If you do not get the date range screen, then click on the header for date and then click the filter button to enter the proper date range (I would also recommend selecting Edit-Collapse from the menus to hide the details and Edit-Display more to show the account that completed the import into PRD).

The second way to pull this information is to retrieve the ALOG files for the prd system from OS level. These are usually in /usr/sap/trans/log (which you can navigate to via AL11).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for that information.

I have looked at both the Import History output and the ALOG files, both give me everything I want except who actually carried out the import?.. over here the imports into production are done manually, but of course only after they have been tested and signed off to go into the production system.

So any ideas how I can get a list of transports, the dates they went in, and who actually did the import?

Thanks again.

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah. If your select the 'Edit - Display more' function in the STMS report you should see the date, the time, and the user that completed the import (the 'Owner' is the account that released the request and the 'User' is the account that completed the import.

Another place to confirm some of this information is in the Transport Organizer (SE09) on the dev system (click on the request and select the 'Transport Logs' icon). This shows the Log Overview that has both the date-time the transport was released along with the date-time of the import (I show this to auditors for confirmation of the dates and times of import).

- jph

Answers (0)