cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delta load

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a COPA load from R3 to BW every day, and now it is failing. R3 people changes some structures in the COPA area from the R3 side. Now to I have to load data from R3 to BW with the new changes. For that what I have to do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

usually datasource replication followed by activating the transfer rules will meet our requirement to capture new changes

in case if there are any new fields added in the datasource...obvioulsy this can be accomplished by creating the new datasource with all new changes

chk this note:

"Adapting CO-PA DataSources

CO-PA DataSources cannot be enhanced using the standard SAP BW tools. If you adjust the operating concern (by adding or deleting characteristics or value fields), it is then no longer possible to simply edit the DataSource. You have to delete the DataSource and then create it again."

now,in BW side

1.replicate the datsource

2.activate transfer rules

and run the delta

in case of datsource enhancementif it happened in R/3 side...

3.map the new fileds in info source,update rules..

4.delte the contents of the cube

5.do reitialization(steps already mentiond in the previous post by wond)

also refer this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/library/biw/g-i/how%20...

Cheers,

Swapna.G

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just replicate the datsource

and activate the transfer rules to capture the new changes

also map the new changes (if any extra fields added)in infosource(communication structure).

also make sure these are reflecting in updaterules

was the changes belongs to any datsource enhancement??

better you can go for reinitialization...in this case

Cheers,

Swapna.G

Message was edited by:

swapna gollakota

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hve to replicate the datasource in BW side, I am correct?

And one more this,if I need to reinitialize, How can I do that, can you please expalin it - I am new in BW side and this is my first experience.

One more thing is that, if the change is not belongs to datasource enhancement, then is there any problem if we do the reinitialization.

Please advice me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you replicated the datasource and all transfer rule and related DS is active, then you don't need to reinit if the delta goes fine. But remember, if the delta is failing even after replication, then you have to reinit. To reinit

1. Go to infopackage and update mode select initialization.

2. You need to delete the exiting init before doing reinit.

3. Make a decision if you are planning to do a complete reinit or reinit going forward.

4. Based on the decision select, with or without data transfer on the init section.

hope, that helps.

thanks.

Wond