cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Technical system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is there a way to test the connectivity of a Technical system, like we have one for a RFC destination (SM59).

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I do not want to test "using" the technical system, I want to test the "connectivity" of the Technincal system like how we use Ping to test the connectivity.

Hi Arpitha ,

Basically ping is an application which works on OS level..while SM59 works on Application level definitely it passes OS layer also..

As SLD is only a tool/application running over OS and only containing the information in CIM form.., so PING type of facility will not be available in SAP system to check a particular Technical system is On/Off.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I don't think we have option to test the connection of technical system.AS of Rfc.

instead of that the only way as of i know defining business sytem under technical system.And ping with command SLDCHECk.

Regards..

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not aware of the RFC but once you have listed the R/3 system in the SLD, to make sure it is connected you can check by running SLDCHECK.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arpitha,

I think the issue here..is what are you trying to do...Why would you want to check a technical system...?

whats the difference between a technical system and a logical system........that should be the question...Nilesh wouldent you agree....

Regards

Ravi Raman

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arpitha, is this an SAP technical system (ABAP or Java stack) or any third party techinical system? In case SAP technical systems, the SM59 RFC destinations are nothing but the connections checks. In case of 3rd party tech systems, they are just virtual but maintained in SLD. They would not have any physical destinations as such. All the connectivity to these technical systems would be maintained by the respective communication channels created on the business systems layer on these technical systems.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Thanks!, I think I am getting what yo say.You are right,my question was about Technical system,I only want to know if I am able to access the 3rd party system from XI.

But again, is there a way to check if I we configured the Comm Channel correctly. What exactly I am looking at is a utility like PING, which tells if we are able to reach the 3rd part system from the XI box.

Awarded points for your answer .

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpitha,

You can not check the connection or ping SAP or non-SAP systems using the Technical system in SLD.

Regarding verification of the communication channel parameter is after configuring go to Runtime workbanch and check in Communication Channel monitoring. this will help you to check your parameter and if its runtime error then once you send your first message it will show proper error message in SXI_MONITOR.

-Gaurav Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Sorry!, I think you dindt get my question. I do not want to test "using" the technical system, I want to test the "connectivity" of the Technincal system like how we use Ping to test the connectivity.

If I understood right, there is no way other than to receive/send a message from the remote system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi arpitha,

if ur application system is an sap system then u can "test" the connection using sm59.

if the application system that xi connects to is a third party system the only way to "check" the connectivity is at runtime when u actually send a message.

for example a file system. u give connection parameters in comm ch. in ID. this is accessed at "runtime" to get the IP of the file system. so unless a msg is sent u cant ping a third party system from xi.

hope it answers ur query.

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Latika.... I got the right answer for my question.

And also thanks to each and everyone of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you complete the business system creation in SLD, run the function module LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS in XI then you should be able to see your newly configured business system in the function module output.

I am not sure whether we have any FM to see list of technical systems available in SLD.

Hope this helps a little.

Thanks,

Venkat Marni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your answer but what I am more looking is to test the "connection" of the Technical system. In SM59, we can chooose a RFC destination and click on Test to see if the connection is active to the remote system. Do we have something similar in XI to test the connection between XI system and the Tehcnical system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run transaction SLDCHECK..if you have maintained all parameters correct then it will show you list of business systems maintained in the SLD ( So technical systems).

Nilesh