cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc to file

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i was doing idoc to file scenerio..in which i got the error in Intrface mapping..(while testing the test connection in ID) what may be the problem...

one doubt, during msg mapping, i want to map all the field which is mandatory(required) in the segment . bcz in my scnerio i have 5 fields in my flatfile..so if i not mapping the requried felds wat happen...i am confuse with this...

help me...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

--->one doubt, during msg mapping, i want to map all the field which is mandatory(required) in the segment .

You can easily map the mandatory field by making a field in target structure for your target file..

bcz in my scenaio i have 5 fields in my flat file..so if i not mapping the required fields what happen...i am confuse with this...

<b>Offcourse if you will not map mandatory target field run time mapping error will be thrown..</b>

One thing ...your Subject is Idoc to File...then your mandatory fields should be in file point of view not by Idoc point of view..as by SAP mapping is defined as mapping required target fields with source fields .

Regards,

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try getting past it by right clicking on the field..and disabling it...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

limat,

Actually the basic concept is... u have to map all the mendatory fields of ur <b>target structure</b>(not necessary to map all mendatory fields of source structure) with the source structure or with constants!!

remember mendatory fields are those field which are having <b>min occurence=1.</b>

So in ur case...just check wheather u have mapped all the mendatory fields of target structure or not????

also u can go thr' this step by step for Idoc to File ...if u need!!!

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd...

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi limat ,

The following websites guide u a step-by-step to solve u'r problem:

How to convert an IDoc-XML structure to a flat file and vice-versa in XI 3.0

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1...

Introduction to IDoc-XI-File scenario and complete walk through for starters.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

IDOCs (Multiple Types) Collection in BPM

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

cheers!

gyanaraj

****Pls reward points if u find this useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I understand you correct, you should map all the required fields, if you only have 5 fields that you need to map you can map the rest of the required fields(of the idoc) with constants in message mapping?

Regards

Clinton

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u r correct...

in my scenerio sender is IDoc receiver is file..

file contains only 5 fields.. where as in idoc there are many fields with required field...

what to do with the required filed in idoc...u got wat i try to tell...

reply with it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

since you have IDOC as sender,you don't need to worry about the mandatory fields of IDOC,if u dont get any values for it from R/3,it will be passed as blank.just make sure that IDOC is send properly with all the required fields to XI.

u need to map all the required fields of the receiver file though,since you have only 5 fields in File ,these fields must be mapped to some field(s) of IDOC or some constant

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

> one doubt, during msg mapping, i want to map all the

> field which is mandatory(required) in the segment .

> bcz in my scnerio i have 5 fields in my flatfile..so

> if i not mapping the requried felds wat happen...i

> am confuse with this...

If in target you spececified the cardinality (1..1) it means you have to provide the mapping for it..means map the currect source field or constant based on the requirement. but you have to do mapping for all the fileds that are mendetory in the targer side..Else your Mapping will throw an Error.

Thanks

Farooq.