Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

idoc to file

hi

i was doing idoc to file scenerio..in which i got the error in Intrface mapping..(while testing the test connection in ID) what may be the problem...

one doubt, during msg mapping, i want to map all the field which is mandatory(required) in the segment . bcz in my scnerio i have 5 fields in my flatfile..so if i not mapping the requried felds wat happen...i am confuse with this...

help me...

Former Member
Former Member replied

--->one doubt, during msg mapping, i want to map all the field which is mandatory(required) in the segment .

You can easily map the mandatory field by making a field in target structure for your target file..

bcz in my scenaio i have 5 fields in my flat file..so if i not mapping the required fields what happen...i am confuse with this...

<b>Offcourse if you will not map mandatory target field run time mapping error will be thrown..</b>

One thing ...your Subject is Idoc to File...then your mandatory fields should be in file point of view not by Idoc point of view..as by SAP mapping is defined as mapping required target fields with source fields .

Regards,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question