Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal Year Variant in Controlling Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario 1:

I have a Company code with FYV "A" with 12 Normal Periods and 4 Special Periods(Apr - Mar), and I have another company code with FYV "B" with 12 Normal Periods and 4 Special Periods(Apr-Mar).

Can I assign these two company codes on Controlling Area?

Scenario 2:

I have a Company code with FYV "A" with 12 Normal Periods and 4 Special Periods(Apr - Mar), and I have another company code with FYV "B" with 12 Normal Periods and 4 Special Periods(Jan-Dec).

Can I assign these two company codes on Controlling Area?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Swamy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ranga,

I thought i will give more information.

The fiscal year variants for the company code and the controlling area can have a different number of special periods, but must have the same number of posting periods. The period limits for the fiscal year variants must also match up. In FI, special periods are used for adjustment postings at year-end closing, or for revaluation. If FI has been set up with four special periods, but CO with only one, then the postings for the second, third, and fourth special periods in FI are posted to the first special period in CO. If there is no special period in CO, the FI postings in the special period are posted to the last posting period in CO.

Regards

Assign points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar and All,

Thanks for your information.

My doubts are solved.

Points assigned.

Best Regards

RangaSwamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ranga,

Yes. You can in both the Scenarios.

<b>The fiscal year variants in the controlling area and the company codes can have a different number of special periods. The number of posting periods must be the same.</b>

Regards

Assign points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranga:

Yes, you can assign company codes with different fiscal year to a controlling area.

Controlling area is on a higher level than a company code

Vj

Assign points as a way to say thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can. But I think you missunderstood concept of special periods.

regards