cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inkscape SVG Doesn't Open In Dynamic Graphics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I'm testing the "do it yourself" waters on SVGs. I created a couple of SVGs and even modified one of the "out of box SVGs" from xMII. The clean slate SVGs do not open or show within the Dynamic Grapohics editor --- it just sits there.

The one I modified (I just too out some bars) doesnt function exactly as it's predecessor does.

Do I need to do anything special within Inkscape to fix this?

Thanks

-Rookie SVG'er

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Brian,

That's most likely because you're using something from the SVG 1.2 spec. and xMII only supports SVG 1.1. As an example look in the SVG XML for a node called 'flowroot' which is part of the 1.2 spec. This will cause your SVG not to work. You can probably download the SVG v1.1 spec version of InkScape still from their site which is probably not a bad idea to eliminate this in the future.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Brian,

As a side note to this, enter this issue into CSS so that the SVG package will get updated to support the newer SVG specs. Thanks.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at the SVG code, particularly the root SVG element, the namespaces, etc...I think Inkscape does some weird stuff by default. Compare it to your "working" ones, and sync them up. Take a peek in the Java console on the client machine where you are launching the Dynamics Graphics editor as well - that might have some additional info.