cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile creating lots of issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had a system copy and then configuring the profiles in rz10, but whenever I used to check to check the profiles present, it used to show me the source server profiles. Some how I could not able to delete the profiles and Import the profile from active server. I also tried copying the old profiles( from source) to target folder \sys\profiles folder and tried to delete the old but could not happen, giving me some kind of error and some how importing the profiles from Active server, creating the profles on the target server. But whenever I go to rz10 and select the profiles present, it still shows the old ( source) profiles.

Now the big problem started. I am not able to see my server in SM51, nor it is allowing me to go to transaction rz10. In MMC it is showing me error like Central Lock Handler ..., Disp+work is yellow...

What is the way around for the profiles to work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to create the profile for the new server, but the old server profile names still appear in Rz10--F4. Is there any way to remove from the list?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When running transaction RZ10.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you copy the profiles from another server, you should do the following:

0. shutdown SAP using SAPMMC

1. on destination system, delete/move all files in the profile directory.

2. copy profile from source system to destination

3. rename file names to use the proper server name and SID

4. edit all files individually and adapt server names and SId (and system number if needed)

once all of this is completed, try starting SAP through SAPMMC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I tried the steps you suggest, but no luck. The rz10 gives error "Error opening Profile Editor". I have renamed my HOSTNAME to UPpper case now, then also.....

MMC still showing yellow icon. I cannot use any transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Tried the things to change the old server profile( I mean when you go to RZ10- F4--> shows the old server profiles. I have imported profiles from Active server, but the list shows the old one. Also if I copied the old profiles and tried to delete it, but gives some message that the version ... does not exist, hence it also could not delete.

How I can restore the new profiles within the list?

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

Pl hv a look at S Note 72248 - NT: Dispatcher in status 'Yellow',SAP system running.

Particularly the para:

Variances between start-up profile and instance profile in relation to the following parameters can lead to the described situation:

rdisp/mshost => <hostname> (is set in default.pfl) rdisp/msserv => sapms$(SAPSYSTEMNAME)

rdisp/myname => $(SAPLOCALHOST)_$(SAPSYSTEMNAME)_$$

for Release 4.5B and higher in addition:

rdisp/elem_per_queue = <number_of_elements>

rdisp/myname and rdisp/msserv are determined dynamically and should not be set in one of the profiles. You can check the parameter values between the profiles simply by using

sappfpar.exe pf=<PATH>\<PROFILE>

Call SAPPFPAR once with the instance profile and once with the start profile and compare the values for:

rdisp/mshost

rdisp/msserv

rdisp/myname

rdisp/elem_per_queue

Hope this helps

Regards