Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when deleting line item from SC after order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Currently i am in Standalone SRM 4.0.

Problem which i am facing is as below:

I created a shopping cart from roundtrip(punch-out) Catalog. After i order the SC. I went and tried to delete the line item. During this period an error message is appearing: "Item refers to quotation in vendor system. cannot be deleted."

Can anybody help my why this is causing. I verified that in a std program it is mentioned that the Item contains a field for the Quotation ID (i.e.) external bidder indentification. Which is not allowing the SC to delete...

As i am in Standalone scenario... if i go and create the PO, Then try to delete one item from the PO. then it is allowing.

So i am not understanding why so. Again after deletion of the PO line item i am not able to find those PO line item in the Sourcing Cockpit. Can you please suggest how should i approach to find how the line item go to Sourcing Cockpit?

thanks in advance for ur suggestion.

Regards,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Once the SC is ordered and approved you can not delete the any line item from SC.

You can delete the SC item before approve the SC. You can find out the deleted line item from PO in sourcing cockpit, for that go to extended search and give the SC number and search you will find the line item.

Hope this will help you to understand more.

Regards,

Senn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senn,

I know. but i guess we can delete the SC in the header level itself. But my problem is whenever i delete the PO line item, the SC is not visible in Sourcing Cockpit.

Can you please explain this scenario for standalone scenario?

Please note this this problem is occured only for one SC where the line item is having the Bidder number.

Other wise the above condition was ture for all other cases.

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krish,

I'm not sure about standalone scenario, but as per standard, once your SC already contain follown document such as PO, then the SC status will update, so it wont appear in SC Worklist anymore, unless you re-update the status.

Regards,

w1n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

1) U can delete the SC at header level , only if it has not yet approved.

2)Once the SC is approved you can delete the SC at Item level under following conditions:

You cannot delete items that have already been approved and for which follow-on

documents already exist in the backend system, if:

• A purchase requisition was created and the “completed” indicator is set for it,

or the quantity received for the purchase order is equal to or greater than the

quantity requested.

• A reservation was created and the final issue indicator is set for it or the

quantity withdrawn equal to or greater than the quantity requested.

• A purchase order was created and the “delivery completed” indicator is set for

it, or a goods receipt has already been entered.

• You cannot delete service items that already exist in the backend system.

Hope this will help u.

Award points for suitable anwser !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

can anybody let me know about the above condition in SRM i.e. if The field quotaion_ID i.e. the number of bidder in the the line item contains some value then it is not allowing to delete saying: "Item refers to quotation in vendor system. Cannot be deleted."

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

Regards,

Krish