cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

understanding inbound and outbound plugs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Who can try explain to me what an inbound and outbound plug exactly is ?

How can they be distinguished?

Navigation between different pages as far as I know enables hyperlink method

by HTML.

How can e.g.I navigate between 4 views ?

In order to have only forward navigation which kind of plug can be ignored ?

In order to have only backward navigation which kind of plug can be ignored ?

regards

erdem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem

a)InboundPlug means that specific view's incoming parameters,,ie it is getting something from some other view

b)OutboundPlug means that specific view's outgoing parameters.ie this view is sending something to other views

c)In case of forward navigation use only OUTBOUNDPLUG (Say A and B are two views give outbound plug for A and inboundplug for B)

d)In case of backward navigation use only INBOUNDPLUG (Say C and D are two views give outbound plug for D and inboundplug for C)

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chaitanya Adhar thank you for your help. You re very good.

But maybe one more question. You say:

In case of forward navigation use only OUTBOUNDPLUG

and In case of backward navigation use only INBOUNDPLUG .

If so why has each view (StartView and Resultview) an inbound and

outbound plug at this tutorial

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/41/6a5a3e740be946e10000000a114084/content.htm

regards

erdem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem

In that tutorial he might be using a scenario wherein he wants to navigate to and from [StartView and ResultView ] thats why he took both the plugs

using those plugs will completely depend on your scenario

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this tutorial.

We have navigation from start view to result view and back from result view to start view.

So outbound plug of start view is used to navigate from start view to result view using the entry point ie. inbound plug of the result view.

Outbound plug of result view is used to navigate from result view to start view using the entry point ie. inbound plug of the start view.

Navigating out from a view : An outbound plug is required which should point to an inbound plug of the view where it wants to navigate.

Regards,

Murtuza

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I thank you all very your helpful hints.

I case of having further questions I will ask them right here.

You are all very experienced.

regards

erdem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem,

Inbound and Outbound plugs work together.

Inbound plug is the entry point for a view and outbound plugs help in navigating to other view.

eg. You want to have navigation from view1 to view2, view2 to view3 and again from view3 to view1.

<b>Navigation from view1 to view2</b>

Outbound plug in view1 and an inbound plug in view2

<b>Navigation from view2 to view3</b>

Outbound plug in view2 and an inbound plug in view3

<b>Navigation from view3 to view1</b>

Outbound plug in view3 and an inbound plug in view1

Hope this clears your doubt understanding plugs for navigation.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

View: Inbound and Outbound Plugs

Each view has a number of inbound and outbound plugs. These plugs are required so it is possible to navigate between two views. For basic information about the plugs in a view, see Plugs and Navigation Link in the architecture manual.

Inbound Plugs

On the Inbound Plugs tab page you can create a number of inbound plugs for the view that is currently being edited. Enter a new name for this plug and add a description of it. Unlike outbound plugs, inbound plugs can be equipped with an event handler. This event handler of an inbound plug is always called if the view is controlled using precisely this plug.

Outbound Plugs

Parallel to inbound plugs, a view can have outbound plugs. From these plugs it is possible to navigate from a view to the next one (or even to an interface view). You can specify importing parameters for an outbound plug. These parameters are passed to the outbound plug when method wd_This®Fire_Plugname_Plg is called.

Inbound and outbound plugs provide both mandatory and optional parameters

http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/1f/464941db42f423e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Ayyapparaj