cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux + Firefox + SAPGUI for Java -> problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In solution_manger, when i click on for example "solution monitoring" -> system monitoring/administration" i receive error message "Your browser does not support Solution Manager Graphics" where normally under windows box graphs representing systems in solution appears.

Next problem is for example when i try to download something from sap content server. Normally in windows generic open/save popup window appears but under linux nothing appears. This communication with content server is http so i think its again the problem sap can't call firefox and provide it with http link.

In Sapgui options tab desktop -> desktop integrations i have:

Web Browser -> /usr/bin/firefox

How can I solve this issue? Thanks for any helpfull answer...

P.S. Sapgui version is java 7.00rev2, firefox 2.0.0.8 and linux Ubuntu 7.04

Message was edited by:

Josef Macinka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are using JavaGUI, not SAPGUI.

JavaGUI is a limited client. it has nothing to do with a browser problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is called SAPGUI -> help -> about ->

SAPGUI for Java 7.10

(Version ID 071000040000)

Fri Oct 26 16:17:11 MEST 2007

uw1059, 710_REL, 939840

Java VM: Sun Microsystems Inc. Version 1.6.0-b105

I have installed new version 7.10 now, but have still the same problem...

Message was edited by:

Josef Macinka

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JavaGUi and SAPGUI for JAVA... same thing different name.

so, your only solution is still using a Windows OS. Perhaps VMWare would be an acceptable solution for you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So sapgui for java is only some light version of SAPGUI? It is not supposed to be fully operational GUI and the problems i have are normal? I thought it is intended to be fully functional alternative to windows sapgui ...

i found out in version 7.10 in solution_manager transaction in right button context menu i can show the html source code (seems almost whole solution_manager transaction is html) and there is also in context menu -> settings -> character encodings -> browser emulation, there i can choose ICEbrowser 6.1.3, Internet Explorer 6 or Netscape 7 ... but it is just emulation and it is still using ICEbrowser which is not able to render solution manager graphics, i have just different errors when i switch between emulations...

Message was edited by:

Josef Macinka

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Josef,

Solution Manager heavily depends on html pages displayed embedded inside SAP GUI using the html control. The html control in SAP GUI for Windows basically is the IE used as OCX. In SAP GUI for Java, a Java-based third party implementation of a Web browser is used.

The reason for Solution Manager not working in latter is either because of Solution Manager using specific features only available in IE or because of html/JavaScript not compliant to the W3C standard is used (ICEbrowser, the third party component is very strictly following W3C).

If you would like to highlight the requirement to run Solution Manager also on non-Windows platforms, it would be best to create a support message on the component BW-BCT-SMG.

Regarding your problem using content server, you should create a support message specifying the steps for reproducing the issue.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed that the name of the error window in solution manager is "ICE Browser". I found out that this ICE Browser is some kind of java html browser http://developer.novell.com/yes/47697.htm

seems ICE browser is part of SAPGUI. In this note 941763 it is not exactly my problem but gives me some overview of the problem. Seems windows sapgui uses IE and java gui uses ICE browser, the problem could be the same like in the note -> "HTML that is specific to MS Internet Explorer" but i am not very happy with this explanation and still dont get why there is option to put path to firefox in sapgui preferences...