cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How set a SESSION variable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How set a SESSION variable?

There is a standard object where could do this?

Thx in advance Roberto.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your component controller (or for that matter any custom controller), you can declare member variables (as in any normal Java class). These member variables are "alive" and accessible for the entire duration of the user session (i.e. as long as the application is running for a particular user).

Declare member variables in the

//@@begin others

section of the generated implementation code.

You can also store information in the Context by creating and filling context nodes/attributes, and the data will remain for the lifetime of the application.

In short, whether you choose to store data in the Context, or as member variables of a controller, the data will be available for the entire life of the application (similar to an HTTP session).

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

>In your component controller (or for that matter any

>.....

>application (similar to an HTTP session).

>

>Walter

Really?

If i have "FirstWD" where i set "LANGUAGE" information in that section code.

After from "SecondWD" i can get the same information????

Thx.

Message was edited by: giovanni angerame

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

What do you mean by "FirstWD" and "SecondWD"? What do you mean by "LANGUAGE" information?

Please explain exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Hi Giovanni,

>

>What do you mean by "FirstWD" and "SecondWD"? What do you mean by "LANGUAGE" information?

>

>Please explain exactly what you are trying to achieve.

>

>Walter

I have SAP Enterprise Portal, an user is logged.

From menus he can launch several WebDynpro.

I want that from a specific WebDynpro he can SET the language of the portal.

And after this change in future all other WebDynpro must display all TEXTS in that language selected.

How can have a variable (in this case a string of language) PERMANENT into portal??

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not at all sure that you CAN change the portal language in the way that you want.

Perhaps you should repost this question in the portal forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I'm not at all sure that you CAN change the portal language in the way that you want.

>Perhaps you should repost this question in the portal forum.

No i manage the language of WebDynpro myself, with tables from R3.

I wanna do only a thing like HTTP SESSION variable from the WEB.

I could do it, using java function of servlet, but i don't wanna use third packege out of WebDynpro FRAMEWORK.

The isn't an OBJECT CLASS STANDARD od WebDynpro that do that?

I wanna PERMANENT variable from a WebDynpro to another.

It is an implicit variable passage.

No one did something of similar?

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Giovanni,

Number of us did such thing, but the API is not public, so we prefer not to share experience

Try to search forum for keywords scope or IScope ("All" dates range)

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.netweaverteam.com/

P.S. An API is exposed publically in NW04s

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Try to search forum for keywords scope or IScope ("All" dates range)

Thank you VERY MUCH!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you cant use this SESSION standard object as such, if u want to maintain any data it should be maintained in context only.

If you need to work with that standard object you should go for PDK - EP perspective, and you Need portal server for that.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Hi,

>

>I think you cant use this SESSION standard object as such, if u want to maintain any data it should be maintained in context only.

>

>If you need to work with that standard object you should go for PDK - EP perspective, and you Need portal server for that.

Are you saying me that i can set a VALUE node ACTIVE/PERMANT for all duration of a user logged?

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Web Dynpro programming model abstracts away from those HTTP specific notions like session, response, request etc.

What kind of data do you want to store in the "session", what is the scope and lifecycle of these data?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

>The Web Dynpro programming model abstracts away from >those HTTP specific notions like session, response, >request etc.

>

>What kind of data do you want to store in the "session", >what is the scope and lifecycle of these data?

>

>Armin

Nothing of special.

A portal user could set for it's session what language use during it's navigation.

A want mantain this information for all duration.

It's only a string. And each WebDynpro must display all messagge with this language rule, that must remain permanent for the duration of a user portal navigation.

Thx in advance.