cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for HTML not works in Firefox 2.0.0.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I try to use SAP GUI for HTML with Firefox 2.0.0.6, but after logon screen, next screen does not appear, I just saw loading cycle. Is there any configuration or updates in Firefox.

Thanks

Haldun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Haldun,

did you check if this error also occurs in an IE browser?

Please check the Javascript Console of your Firefox. Is there any Javascript error on the page?

What does the URL you are using look like?

What happenes when you add the parameters disconnectonclose=0&flickerfree=0 to the URL for starting your webgui service?

Regards,

TJ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having this same problem with Firefox 2.0.0.5. There is a popup window which should open, but doesn't. It does work on IE 6. My Javascript error console returns two errors about TagName has no properties, and document.body has no properties, but I get that on several pages.

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Art,

it'd be helpful if you provide more information about your ITS. Is it an external ITS 6.20? In that case only so-called fullscreen popups are supported for Mozilla based browsers.

What happens when you open the System/Status popup?

Thanks and best regards,

TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really don't have much more information, other than the ITS is identified as ECC 6.0. I am an educator using this for a lab and someone at Chico State in California is providing access to their systems. I have about 85 students with laptops, and I would prefer not to have to ask them to install a client GUI to do a few labs. I really need to use the Web GUI for HTML. I have turned off popup blocking completely in the browser, and the problem persists. The popups do display in IE 6.

I can't tell you anything about the system because that popup window, or 'integrated window' will not display. The Web GUI for HTML, as far as I can tell, beyond some simply actions and displays, it is simply not functional in Firefox 2.0.x. The URL used to access the site is displayed below.

http://budapest.cob.csuchico.edu:8023/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-system-login-basic_auth=X&sap-cl...

-- Art Taylor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

nice URL; it says that you are using an integrated (> 6.40) ITS. Logging on is not

possible and I would not recommend to publish logon data here

I feel the best is to open a CSS message for this issue; and if you want to do so,

send me a valid account for this system, will have a look to it.

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to give you any other information. I believe this problem does not lie with the server system (ITS,etc.) but with whatever javascript is being sent to the Web browser. It is a compatibility problem with Firefox 2.0.0.x and the Web GUI for HTML. I believe you could verify the problem by pointing Firefox 2.0.0.x to a current Web GUI for HTML system. I was just hoping there were perhaps some configuration parameters that could be tweaked to get it to behave.

-- Art Taylor

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Art,

I am sorry for my late response. I have been knocked out by the flu ...

You are writing about ECC 6.0. Thus you are using an integrated ITS 7.00 that uses mostly the same sources for HTML Business and Javascript for both the IE and the Mozilla Firefox. I was asking about the ITS because there could be some kind of issue in older versions (ITS 6.20 or ITS 6.40). But we worked out a solution for popups in ITS 7.00. So I wonder about your problems. More than that when you write that in IE the popups come up just fine.

I am working really often with Firefox (on Windows, Linux and MacOS X) but can not reproduce the issue. The popups come up fine in any case.

Are the popup blockers disabled?

What about additional software (anti-phishing, anti virus ...)?

Please open the Javascript Console (in menu Extras) before opening a popup. You should try to open the System Status in "Menu/System/Status ...". What error messages come up when the popup should come up?

Please open System/Status ... (in IE) and look for the Component Information. What is listed here (support package, kernel version)?

When you look at the HTML document's source code ([Ctrl]- right click on dynpro area, select "Current Frame"/"View source code of frame" (or similar)), do you see the lines

<iframe class="WebguiPopupWindow"

at the end of the document?

For Mozilla Firefox there is an extension called "Live HTTP Headers" that can help to evaluate the HTTP communication between browser and server. With this plugin we can check if the server returns with an error.

With best regards,

TJ

Message was edited by:

Thorsten Domsalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Haldun,

please let us know what you have done to solve the issue. What has caused the issue?

Thanks and regards,

TJ

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haldun,

iTS 6.20 or integrated ItSß What SAP release, services pack, patchlevel of SAP kernel/ITS 6.20?

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

I use integrated ITS with ERP 2005 SP 12. My kernel patch number is 075.

Best Regards,

Haldun SEÇK&#304;N

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haldun,

Please check the limitations/behaviour of SAPGUI

SAP Note 314568 - SAP GUI for HTML functionality / Limitations / Sp. Behaviour

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

I check this note, but there are not anything such as "webgui does not works in Firefox" in this note.

Is there any other suggestion.

Haldun