cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping error in the BPM!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fiends,

I have a BPM ..where I have the steps defined like this..

Transform -> send mail..

In the transformation ..I have a simple mapping program(source & the target structures have got one field)..

message type structures are like this..

source& target

Return key ---> 1:1

field1 --->1:1

mapping is like this :

Field1--->field1(when field1 is not empty)

If field1 is empty then -> I am sending some constant to the target ...and in the mapping it is working fine...

My mail is working perfectly when there is some value in field1..and I am getting a mail..

and when there is no value in field1..I am getting mapping error.

do you have any idea..how can I solve this issue..plz help me..

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Took some dummy payload available in the same mapping (with out taking any field value from it so as to avoid "no payload error") and sent the constant value..that solved my issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh ..My mapping program is like this...

1.Field1 and Constant(space) -

>Equal Function

2.If the above route returns true then I am sending another constant(value=test) to my target field1

3.In the first step if I receive false I am sending the existing field1 value to the target.

For acheiving this I am using ifelse function..

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in my mapping program when I test the mapping by w/o ant input it i s returning 'test'(teh value I mentioned in the mapping when there is no value in the source) to the target...

If I see the moni ..it only says message has error on outbound side...and if I go into workflow it is showing the error on the mapping..but no information on exact error...

Thanks,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the part exists in the following blog and modify the mapping accordingly.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Why don't you test your mapping by using the payload from BPM...

Then it'll be more clear bout the error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raju,

First test your mapping according to this blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I have other steps before it reaches this particular transformation...but after clear verifiction I am sure that there is no data in my source ...

Now how can I test the message in BPM...can you please check this and let me know...

because in the wf editor it is not going to the plave where my source is getting populated ,so there is no data in the source...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

Try tracing the "transformation" step in BPM. Check the instance of the message in sxmb_moni and click 'PE' so you will be in 'workflow log' here you could see the data flow of your message inside BPE. Here you can trace were your message got exception. If it is in transformation step then click on 'list tech details' (left top corner) then click on 'show container' button corresponding to that 'transformation step'. Its similar to using trace area in sxmb_moni. here you will be aware of mapping error.

Hope it will be helpfull.

Regards,

Yuva

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

sorry for the delay in reply..

when I check that in bpm ..workflow technical details..it says no payload found...

any idea how to correct this ?

Tahnks in adavance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raju,

user <b>mapWithDefault</b> function to solve your issue!

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/c4cdfc334824478090739c04c4a249/content.htm

regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raju,

If i understand correctly if the you send no value to the field, you are receiving mapping errror!

Can you tell me what error you are receiving...

and what have you defined to achieve

<i>"If field1 is empty then -> I am sending some constant to the target ...and in the mapping it is working fine..."</i>

regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the node function exists to resolve it....

give it a try.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>