cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of NWDS & ME.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to install <b>NetWeaver Developer Studio</b> and <b>Mobile Engine</b> for Laptop & PDA applications. We have installed SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.0 server sr2 sp 12. Please help me in the following.

1) Which version of NWDS and ME do I need for developement of MI applications.

2) From where can I get these softwares.

Thanks & Regards,

K. Vishwakarma.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peterng
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can use the latest NWDS to develop MI applications. If you are using NW 2004s as middleware, I would suggest you to use NWDS 7.0 SPS13. If you want to try the coming NW CE 7.1, that will let you develop NW Mobile 7.1 application as well.

If you are a SAP customer, you can download these software from SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com)

The MDK (Mobile Development Kit) is already shipped with the NWDS installation. Once you installed the NWDS, you can check out the MDK and activate the MDK toolbar in the "Properties" menu inside the NWDS.

Hope that helps.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Peter.

We have NWDS 7.0.10 . Is it equivalent to nwds 7.0 sp12 /sp13? Will it work for nw mobile 7.0 sps 12 sr2?

Further I would like to use MDK only instead of NWDS. I was searching for the mdk at service.marketplace but unable to find the same. Could you please provide me the link to download the latest MDK for nw mobile 7.0 sps12 sr2?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kapoorchand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the MDK documentation of SAP NWDS version that i have which is 7.0.10.

The MDK documentation there is that of the older version i.e. 2.5

I think the 7.0 version must contain the mobile administrator and not the mobile web console.

Also i think we use web dynpro in the 7.0 version to develop the front end whereas in the 2.5 version we used to code the JSPs manually.

So the doc for the 7.0 version must have web dynpro as the UI development which is not the case with this versiuon of NWDS that i have.

So i think this version of NWDS that i have is not suitable.

Can anybody help me out with this.

Regards,

Kapoorchand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, if you have the NWDS installed in the correct version - try to copy the MDK from the plugin and the features folder. But because they are using WebDynpro as well, I think it is not possible to simply run it in Version 7.0 incl. WebDynpro in Eclipse - without copying the WebDynpro plugins as well - and then you will have NWDS.....

Well, I do not see your problem anyway. The most actual version you can download at SDN today is the one you have. Even it says it is 2.5VersionXX, there you can develop everything you need for AWT and JSP apps. As mentioned above, if you want to use WebDynpro as well, there is in my understanding no way to live without the complete NWDS.

If the MDK is using NWA or Webconsole is no difference. From MDK you deploy the App and the URL is pretty much the same - and in the older version I have downloaded from SDN it is working fine with the NWA.

I do not see your problem anyway - what is missing in your version - except WebDynpro?

Regards,

Oliver

Oh, and just to add - that the documentation is a little behind - well as I said in a previous post - this can happen and is nothing that should confuse you that much. The delivered version you got with your NWDS is the latest available one.

Message was edited by:

Oliver Kaluscha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, there are several ways.

To get NWDS you can download it from the Service MArketplace and install the complete stack. BUT - if you really want to develop MI Apps and nothing else and it is your aim to develop mainly for PDA and have the same version on PDA and PC - so it is based on the MI JSP version - in this case it is ok as well, to install Eclipse with MDK. You can download the latest versionof MDK here in SDN.

Both option will give you the starting point - with NWDS you get some more features like WebDynpro Mobile - but be aware that the hardware is stressed much more while using NWDS. And if you are new, perhaps MDK is a little bit of an easier start, because it is more straight forward - you just have only one sAP tool then that you need to think about.

The Runtime version of MI for PDA or PC you get from your Server. It was part of the installation. Check in the http://<j2ee>:<port>/nwa - you will find the mobile Administrator there and in there you will find the runtimes you need to use for your plattform.

Hope this helps to get you to the next step.

Have fun,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver !

Thanks for your guiding reply.

I actually needed to know the <b>version of NWDS/MDK and ME Client compatible with SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.0 sr2 sp12</b> to start with.

Please guide me regarding this as I am new to this field.

Thanking once again an waiting for reply.

Regards,

K. Vishwakarma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, just use the downloads available here at SDN - this will give you the latest versions and these work fine with the MI you use.

The MDK can be found here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/601ebf90-0201-0010-eda9-ea7d7d95...

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

Previously we were using MDK sp13 for MI 2.5.

Now we have installed NW Mobile 7.0 sr2 sp12 server.

As I understand <b>MDK sp18 for MI 2.5</b> is equivalent to <b>MDK sp8/9 for MI 7.0</b>....not sure

Keeping that in mind which is the latest version of MDK for MI 7.0 ?...I guess MDK sp21/sp22. The link that you mentioned allows to download MDK NW04 SPS19. Is this the latest version of MDK for MI 7.0..? Please clarify..

If not please let me know the same and from where can i get it.

Waiting for reply..

Thanks & Regards,

-K. Vishwakarma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwakarma,

yes, MDK is always a little behind. So this version you have downloaded is the most actual one available at the moment. It should not be an issue to use it with a newer Patch level.

Hope this helps to get you up and running

Have fun!

Regards,

Oliver