cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License key for a J2EE Engine standalone system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed a J2EE Engine 7.0 standalone system (at first screen of installation, I selected node <b>SAP ERP 2005 Support Release 2</b> to start the installation of SAP NetWeaver's software units - not software units of SAP ERP, NOT node <b>SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release 2</b>).

In http://service.sap.com/licensekey, I request a license key for my new J2EE Engine standalone system. At first page, I only see 2 installation options to select, these're corresponding to SAP ERP and SAP SOLUTION MANAGER. I select SAP ERP and at System Information page, I choose SAP product <b>SAP NETWEAVER</b>.

Then, I install the license key received via Visual Administrator - Server 0 - Services - Licensing Adapter. But 28 days bypass, system get down because of license expiration (not relates to the date validation).

The same thing happens when I make other license keys by choosing SAP product <b>SAP WEB AS</b> and <b>SAP ERP</b>.

Someone tell me what's wrong?

Thanks,

Toan Do

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used to use License type Standard, not J2EE-Engine. Maybe this is the reason.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toan,

Yes, that is the reason.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but I also know the link & the SAP Note.

This for permanent license.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toan,

I hope you are following the procedure given in the above mentioned link (which i gave).

In the Visual Administrator choose Server 0 --> Services --> Licensing Adapter. The system data that you need to request the license from the SAP Service Marketplace appears.

¡ Installation number (if it exists)

¡ System ID,

¡ System number (if it exists)

¡ Hardware key

¡ Current release

2. Under the Internet address service.sap.com --> mySAP Business Suite, you can get to the initial page of the license key requests in SAP Service Marketplace. Here you will find all the information you need to request license keys.

3. Enter your e-mail address in the request. The license key will be sent to you promptly by e-mail. Alternatively, you can also download the license key from the SAP Service Marketplace.

Do not make any changes to the license key. To import the license key, the file must not have been changed.

4. In the Licensing Adapter in the Visual Administrator choose Install License from File.

5. Select the license file that you want from SAP.

If this doesn't solve your issue, I suggest that you post a message with SAP.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand what you said.

I just wonder that in the procedure to make a license key via service.sap.com/licensekey. After choosing installation SAP ERP, among <b>SAP Products</b>: SAP NETWEAVER, SAP WEB AS and SAP ERP, which one is the needed for my J2EE Engine standalone system license or something else?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/bf/85cc78dad811d3ace80000e83539c3/frameset.htm

The link above mentions that there're <b>license types</b>:

- Standard (license key for ABAP installation)

- J2EE Engine (for the pure J2EE Engine installation)

But I only see <b>Request Type</b>:

- Standard system, J2EE-Engine, Portal and/or License server (I chose this)

- Client system for License server

Thanks,

Toan Do

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also,

Check this link to request permanent license:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9f/5e533e5ff4d064e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Additional Information

For more information about requesting license keys, see SAP note 94998.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Message was edited by:

Siddhesh Ghag

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toan,

What license are you requesting, if you are requesting a temporarly license, it will expire in 28 days.

Check the url below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/14/5e533e5ff4d064e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Siddhesh