cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on SAP Locks (SM12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I monitor the SAP Locks seen in the SM12 transaction with ABAP code. Now I would like to monitor the Oracle locks seen in the DB01 transaction. So I wanted to include the Oracle Locks in to SM12 (SAP Locks) and then monitor the SM12.

Plz some one can help me How can I include the Oracle Locks seen in the DB01 in to SM12 (SAP Locks).

Thanks,

Pralhad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is not possible in "SAP standard" so you may think about a self development...

But nevertheless these two things (SAP locks and DB locks) have no direct relationship, so I don't see the benefit behind this idea?!?!

Can bring some light on this idea?

cu

juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for reply. Just I wanted to know, whether its possible to include the DB Locks into the SM12. Plz do you have any idea on this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Pralhad P. Teggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teggi,

This is not possible .. As said above these two locks are different.

THanks

Prince Jose

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pralhad

As Juergen said both things are a completely different thing, see below for more details. But if you want to monitor Oracle locks then you can of course do this in ABAP. I don't know if there is a function in ABAP already, but you can also query the database view V$LOCK.

SAP locks are kept in a central lock table, which resides in the memory of the SAP enqueue process.

On the Oracle database there is no central lock mechanism. There is a bunch of different lock types (row locks, table locks either sharred or exclusive etc). Important: it is not possible to see all the current existing locks in an Oracle database! For example row locks are beeing kept in the data block of the row. If and only if another session tries to access an already locked row, then this will show up in V$LOCK.

Regards

Michael