cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms to be filled on certain catalog items in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a scenario where I want to have a form/pop-up window to show up on certain catalog items.

This could fx. be when purchasing mobile phones. Then we want a pop-up where the employee can fill out certain information for the vendor. Fx. new number, tranfer number from another carrier, plan etc. all with check boxes etc.

Have any of you mighty people come across the same scenario and how did you solve it?

Is there any standard functionality to handle this?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I think I heard that the interactive form functionality may be included in SRM-MDM version 3.0 (don't quote me on that though - better ask your SAP rep :).

For now, you may have to live with a workaround. For example, instead of clicking on a catalog item, users can fill out required information in the EBP Shopping Cart item (e.g. in Vendor Text).

Another option you can look at is providing a link to a web form in the Hyperlink field in SRM-MDM. But, of course, in this scenario, no information will return back to the catalog, and you'll have to process the web form in some other way.

My 2 cents...

Cheers,

Serguei

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I remembered where I saw the info on e-forms in SRM-MDM. It was in this blog by David Marchand, SRM-MDM Product Manager:

/people/david.marchand/blog/2007/08/22/srm-and-mdm-episode-1-srm-mdm-catalog-v20-is-generally-available

Here's the extract:

<i>1- Roadmap of functionalities to be delivered soon: With the v2.0 SP2 planned for the end of the year (mid December), we will deliver a couple of additional functionalities that I am sure you will like a lot:

- Connectivity to electronic forms: it will be possible to call an external electronic form by clicking on an item in the catalog (using the OCI). For example, by clicking on the item "business card", an e-form to configure that business card will be called. Once the user has completed the requested input fields on the e-form, the necessary information are sent back to the SRM-MDM Catalog shopping cart preview.

</i>

Now you can quote David on that

Cheers,

Serguei

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

How about implementing e-Form in SRM side ?

e-Form:

OCI has Business type = E-Form option. You can develop your own UI and transfer the values by BADI. There is Business card sample in the system.

SE80, Internet Service BBP_FREEFORM

SE19, BADI implementation BBP_BUSINESSCARDS

SE18, BADI definition BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH

Regards,

Masa