cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI Extractor - R3 - Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPGURUS ...

With SE24 transaction I have create a new class copy of the existing one, in order to optimise the extraction routine. I want to have one class by fonctionnal area, to let team work independently on their extraction routine.

So now we have Z_EX_EXTRACTION class which contain all SAP R3extraction routine.

And Z_EX_ILES class which contain only extraction routine associated to the shipment extractor.

My issue is that the routine of the new class is not read during the extractor execution.

Question

Should I create also something with the transaction SE19 ?

Should I only copy and modify a exeting class SE24 to be able to use it, or should I do something else ?

Thanks a lot !!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luminy13,

When you implement a BADI, an ABAP class is automatically created for that specific BADI implementation. There is a one to one correspondence between a certain BADI implementation and it's ABAP class. Therefore, you can not just copy the ABAP class because that copy will not be executed in any way.

Assuming that the BADI you are using is marked for "multiple use", you should create a new implementation of the BADI (.e.g Z_EX_EXTRACTION2) in SE19. That in turn, will automatically create an ABAP class which you can edit. Note that you might also need to populate the filter section in the BADI to make sure that the BADI only excutes for a certain condition.

Hope this helps.