cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Mount repository in MDM Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Im new to MDM. I mounted the MDM server in my machine and started it.

When I try to Mount repository It shows me a popup for Initialization and asking me to enter the DataFilePath and Transaction Log File Path if needed.

I placed my a2a files in Archive folder of MDM5.5\Server\

The DBMS Server is my localmachine name where SQL server running on it

Username: sa and password: admin

Could you please let me know how to proceed to mount the repository to my console.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

We too had faced similar kind of problems with the Oracle database.

It was giving us error Error initalizing Database but afterwards v got to know that we were specifying wrong details ie. we were DBMS name as the IP address of our DBMS server and as usaul DBMS type as oracle.

Afterwards our problem got solved we got to know that in DBMS Server we needed to specify the Database which v had created in Oracle.

For eg. DBMS Server : DB1 (Thats was database created in oracle)

DBMS type : Oracle

After Specifying these parameters our problem got solved and everything started working.

I hope this helps u

Regards Tejas..................

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I guess your mdm server is not listening to the default instance of SQL server.

I have already raised a question in the forum to create a new instance for MDM server in SQL server. But havent received any solution for that.

Have you unarchived or created any repository in ur MDM server before?

If not kindly uninstall the MDM server and SQL server.

Install SQL server first and then install MDM Server.

I used to face the same problem many times. And I used to over come by this method only.

Try this and let me know.

If anyone can suggest a powerful solution for this issue, they are most welcome.

Regards,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun.

I tried uninstalling both MDM and SQL Server. But It did'nt help me. The same error occurs.

It was working before in my machine itself, But I don't no why it is not working now.

Let me know if you find it

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Is it so that IM and DM is not working for a particular repository? If yes, then I think the repository you are using has faults or warnings just check and repair them.

Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit

It was not with Console and Data Manager, but it is with connections between SQL Server and MDM Server.

Because I tried to connect to another SQL Server which is in another machine and it is working, but it does'nt working in my machine

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

(Edit: my intial response turns out to be incorrect; we have discovered an issue with initializing a DBMS, but it only applies to Oracle). I attempted to reproduce the failure that occurred for you, Bala, and I was able to reproduce the problem, but then I realized my test case was incorrect.

Basically, the initialization of the DBMS results in the creation of the A2i_xCat_DBs database and some tables within that database. I tried to force re-initialization of my DBMS instance by renaming the A2i_xCat_DBs database, but the problem was that since the data files for the database still existed, the initialization failed. I'm assuming that you have not done something similar (by renaming A2i_xCat_DBs), and your failure is being caused by some other problem. Maybe an installation issue?

Are there any errors in the server log that might indicate what the failure is when it attempts to initialize the database? Could you see if the instance of A2i_xCat_DBs exists in your SQL Server? Could you see if somehow the data files were left behind in the data folder, and that's what's preventing the database from being re-created?

Let us know what you find!

Best regards,

Cleopatra

Message was edited by: author

Cleopatra Von Ludwig

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

What it says if you click "ok" with entries blank in the initializing database pop-up?

If there is no error message like "Initializing database for MDM falied" ....

proceed with unarchiving the repository.

Or try unarchiving the repository after restarting both the MDM server and sql db server.

Mostly MDM server listen to the default instance of the sql server. Hope no other system uses the sql server default instance!

Regards,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun.

Thanks for your reply.

As you said, it popups a warning message saying "Error Initializing DBMS" Failed to initialize DBMS.

I tried restarting MDM server and sql server. But still the error exists. How to proceed?

Regards

Bala