cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Mistakenly I have closed the future periods also in MMPV. Can anyone tell me how to clear this to present period. I mean I want to go back to present period.

anyone help me out urgently please....

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with <b>MMRV</b>

Refer below link

Message was edited by:

SHESAGIRI.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi seshagiri

In MMRV if we put the tick to ' Allow posting to previous period '. It will allow to post only for the preceding month. But in my system the current period is 11/2007 (which I want to change as 08/2007) and previous period is 10/2007 (which I want to change as 07/2007). Because I want to post in the period 08/2007. I think you got my point. So please guide me how is this possible.

Regards

Ramesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Go to <b>MMPI</b>, give Company Code and in the field "<b>Period", give "09"</b> and execute so that period "08" will open.

I presume that you are trying in Development Server. If the problem you faced is in Production, my request is that you try my suggestion <b>FIRST</b> in Development Server.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you lakshmipathi,

I tried with MMPI. It is giving the following error.

Follow the instructions in Note 487381 before initialization

Message no. MM016

Diagnosis

You want to run the period initialization program. Note that when you start the period closing with initialization, inconsistencies can arise.

Procedure

Note 487381 describes the possible data inconsistencies that can occur if you perform initialization in a productive system. The inconsistencies cannot be traced back to a system error, but instead the period closing with initialization. Therefore, these inconsistencies can only be cleared by using the chargeable remote consulting service. This is because in releases higher than SAP R/3 4.5, the period closer does not normally have to be started with initialization.

Can you clear this pleaseee.

Regards

Ramesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

1) Go to SU01

2) Enter user id and execute

3) Click Parameters tab

4) In Parameter ID, type MMPV_NOTE_READ

5) Enter date near to that

6) Save

7) Now follow my first suggestion

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thank you very much. You solved my problem.

By the way can I have your contact details. Something like where do you live, for which company you work, you mail ID, etc.

Thank you

Ramesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

I will certainly provide all details about me but this is <b>NOT</b> the forum to record such things.

As I am unable to view your mail id from your business card, you send a test mail to lachu30_kamakoti@yahoo.com so that I can answer you.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI LAKSMIPATHI ,

PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH SAME ERROR......

MY EMAIL ID IS sameerbarde74@yahoo.co.in

posting wants to be done in 01.01.2008 and have closed the period for 04/12/2008

Thanks,

SAMEER

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

U can use same MMPV transaction to open and close the posting period .

Choose the appropriate Radio button at the bottom.

In t code MMRV u can see whthere the period is close or open for posting.

Hope this help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pandey

What is the radio button to open in MMPV? I think there are only to check and close. Please tell me what is the option to open?

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In period field just put month no. suppose if u want to open posting for July Put 07 and then fiscal year 2007.

Execute this will work

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

By mistake i wrote radio button whatu select is correct.

Please follow what i wrote in last mail put period 07 to open posting in the month of july .