cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI installation - connect to existing SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was wondering if there exists anywhere a consise description of how XI Post installation differs when one is installing XI but connecting to an existing SLD, as opposed to creating a new SLD during the XI install process. And if so, if someone would be kind enough to point out where I might find it.

I ask as I am doing this for the first time right now (on previous installations I have installed a fresh SLD with XI). It seems to me that there are some of the SLD related config steps (from the XI install guide) which do need to be made (obviously you need to configure the XI -> SLD connection, wherever SLD resides) and some that don't, as they will have been done when the SLD was originally installed/configured (for example XI Install guide 3.0 SR1 p35 Post Installation step "Updating the CR Data in the SLD")

I have seen note 720717 which is useful, but seems more focussed on changing a system once installed. And it would seem to me that as the SAP recommendation is that it is preferable that there should only be one SLD, the documentation would be clearer about connecting to an existing SLD, as surely this would be a common situation if everyone followed the recommendation.

So hence the question.. I couldn't find any documentation to this effect and wondered if anyone new of any.

Many thanks for any assistance you can give,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

have you seen this document?

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001684302005E/HowToSLDandXI.pdf

you may alsot try this note:

Reduce the number of System Landscape Direcotries SLD

BTW

these documents show how to change SLD

so create one with normal procedure and then just change

settings in XI so that it points to the one you like:)

at least that's what we did

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

So I guess your answer is "no" 😛

I had seen that doc, and also the note, as mentioned in my post, but was hoping that there was an alternate set of instructions for Post Install in this situation. I will go ahead and do as you did and change the config after the fact but it would seem easier to just connect to the one I want first time. It seems like a pretty simple thing to have a note or something which spells out how the steps would differ if you have an existing SLD and don't need or desire to install or configure a new one, especially if keeping the number of SLD's to a minimum is the recommended practice!

Cheers,

Chris

Answers (0)