cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting WebServices from Dev to quality to production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created custom web services in my dev system and i am wondering, if i need to create the WSDL's seperatley in QA and PROD systems (for the transported RFC or BPI in theses systems).

Reason being the WSDL in DEV system will point othe the RFC/ BAPI in the dev system only.

Is it required to create new in each system..

Please provide me your pointers.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You are mixing two concepts together here.

ABAP components, JAVA components, COBOL components etc are pure SDLC components. In a SERVICE context they are service implementation application components not really the service itself. WSDL is the service contract.

What is all about a service is SERVICE interface, service messages, service data types, service ports, binding and service location.

In a well defined service life cycle methodologies there will be something called seperation of concern which should address how to associated service implementation component should transaport among application layers such as DEV,QA, PROD etc and how to transport service contract as service entities between different layers.

Service entities such as schema are layer independent entities so it should not have a specific layer dependency.

However when you bring all service metadata through a service contract such as WSDL you have to design the WSDL in such a way so that dependency can be minimized.

If you can look into details of Abstract WSDL and Concrete WSDL concept, you know the FACT except service location and binding there is not much depencency specific to a given layer such as DEV or QA.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shaji,

<i>except service location and binding there is not much depencency specific to a given layer such as DEV or QA.</i>

So once i transport these RFc's and interaces to the QA, should i regenrate the WebService in QA or will just the transport will do?

Kindly clarify.

Thanks and Regards - Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As long as you are not changing the RFC details means web service implementation components, you do not have to regenerate the WSDL. WSDL has to re-generate only when service implementation change. Transport of an implementation component do not change the implementations.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

I think for transporting non abap objects we can use CTS+ utility of SAP.

Please refer this pdf

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70f0bb2b-1523-2a10-90b3-eb14f211...

also refer to the below ebook for webservice.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d6be0241-0d01-0010-b8a7-8d53d40b...

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

i am in NW04s SP9. I am looking on how to transport a pure ABAP custom web service. Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

ABAP custom web service is nothing but an RFC enabled function module, for transporting any abap object you have to create a transport request. same applies here too, you can go to tcode se84 and in the enterprise service node, select your web service definition and just change it and save it in a transport request. thats it...once you will transport the virtual interface (RFC) it will generate the wsdl in the target system.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

Thanks for your reply. So it seems that we do not need to do anything different here on transporting ABAP webservices also. Its just like transporting any ABAP object say a report programme.

Hope this is what you mean.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know, we have to transport the abap object for the webservice.