Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM to open JPG file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working in ALV my requirement is when they <b>click material number i want to display the image of it .</b>

I have finished ALV Part setting hot spot to the material my requirement is when they click the material i want to <b>open the image from the path</b> like (<ip address>:
folder\material1.jpg)

I<b>s there any Function Module for this?</b>?????

regards,

karthik.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer program "sap_picture_demo" in SE38 transaction.

Best regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi

Prashant,i dont want to display in container ...is that possible to open the image directly and display???

0 Kudos

Hi,

No I believe this is not possible since SAP doesn't execute an external viewer like that.

And as per CL_GUI_PICTURE sap needs handlers for handling it which cannot be instantiated on a stand-alone basis.

Regards

Nishant

0 Kudos

hi,

But my requirment was to show the image in a pop-up or directly opening external file ...how to achive this but using CL_GUI_PICTURE i think it opens new window or call screen to show the picture i dont want to do that...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks friends ,

the way you tried to help was immpressive but i got the solution its FM <b>WS_EXECUTE</b> in the import parameter program ='C:\image.jpg' its opening me the image when i click the material ....thanks for your help