cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift production plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii experts!!!

1) We are in to repetitive scenario and working on 4 hrs inventory (You can say we work on JIT supplies)

2) We get firmed customer plan in a day advance, and a tentative plan in 15 days advance.

3) We enter the plan in system in JIT delivery system by delivery time .

4) After that, MRP run.

5) If I check that production plan in MF50, by selecting shift wise plan, it gives only one shift.

How can I get entire production plan and actual production shift wise?

Worthwhile to mention that I have already defined the shift system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

what is Avilable capacity of your work center to which u plan the material. Have u defined any shift sequence and assigned to your work center.

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii Pradeep!!!

I have defined the both, capacities and shift schedule in SAP system. I guess, I have mentioned this in my previous post.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

If you want to get the shift wise production plan from MRP <b>then it is not possible</b>. MRP will not consider the capacities to create planned orders.

Now after MRP you will have to o the capacity levelling to get the proper prosun plan. You will also do the need to identify how best to create the shift wise plan. Actually it will boil down to manually creating shift wise production plan. YOu can utilise the priority field in the production order to identify the shifts if a order last only one shift. Similary you can utilize the reason for movement field to capture the actual produn done in the each shift.

Hope this helps.

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vineet,

I knw, that MRP meant for generating requirements and nothing to do with shift production plan. But in MF50 tcode you can select your production plan shift wise. But I am surprized to see only one shift if I select "shift" in period as told by Mr.Pradeep. Can anyone quote the logic of showing shifts in planning table (MF50).

Well for your efforts, I am awarding you points, but my problem is still unsolved. I think, I need to take some help from my ABAPer. Wat say?

regards

kapil

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

You may create each shift as a Production line. for example you create "Production Line A" for "shift A" like that.

You can see the production plan shift wise by entering the respective production line.

thanks and regards

SAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii SAN!!

Thanks for your suggestion, but my clients wants to see all three shifts in one go. And moreover, we have already developed number of production lines to process our goods on different stages. One more thing, at the moment in SAP, we can see material distribution my follwoing ways - (check T-code MF50)

1) Production line

2) Work Center hierarchy

3) Material

4) Product Group

5) Class

6) MRP controller

In additional selection, one can choose PERIOD tab and select the drop box "period" as shift.

Now please comment on it again...thanks for replying!!!

regards

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kapil,

As per your previous reply, u have shift defintion for three shift.

u have one more option in Planning Table to Distribute planned orders to shiftts,

select your planned order Goto Quantity change-> Distribute to shifts ->Per order

But problem is here sequence of scheduling of planned orders .

please let me know u donot want create shift wise planning by manullay.

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Pradeep !!!

This option is disable in my case... any other help...

regards

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kapil,

If u want to use this option, u have to do following settings

1.In the initial screen, in the "Period" tabstrip, you must set the period to shift.

2 .In the initial screen of the planning table, in the "Scheduling" tabstrip, you must select the option Production dates.

regards

pradep