cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Overlapping Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I setup the process chain to delete the overlapping request for full upload, but it failed for no deletion of the PSA data request.

I added Process type - "Delete overlapping requests" in the maintain variant of above process type select option - "Delete Existing request" in "conditions" - select "only delete request from same DTP" and " only delete full DTP reuest from same datasource", in "selections are" select Overlapping. It looks like the setting is correct,however when I tested the execution, I found the above setting can only delete the DTP data request, cannot delete the PSA data request, pls see below example :

1) First time execution of Process Chain

InfoCube request 701 , PSA request 700 Transferred 17894 Added Rec. 17894 ( in the request tab of InfoCube Manage screen) , process chain log shown no request delete(That's right)

2) Second time run of Process Chain

InfoCube request 703, PSA request 702(green indicator), 700(Red indicator)

Transferred 35798 Added Rec. 17894 (Process chain log shown data deleted), so the old DTP request 701 was deleted(That's right)

But when I checked the data in the InfoCube, I still find duplicated data. I know the above red indicator means data does not go into DataTarget, the DTP maybe got the request 702+700 from PSA then loaded them into Cube(since total 35789 was transferred ), it's apparent wrong, .

Our system is BI7.0 SP12, also installed SAPKW70013, I checked the note 1034795 which is found not necessary to fix.

Could you please give me some guide to solve my issue.

Very thanks !

G. Qi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the settings will only delete requests in Cube not in PSA.

Have you had Delta Setup for the DTP ?

Can you confirm if the DTP has loaded two requests from PSA - > Click on the Monitor for the Infocube Request 703 - > Header Tab ( First One ) - > Selections - > This will give you what requests have been loaded from PSA.

Overlapping request deletion feature ( In process chain ) didn't work for me on SP 12 - it was deleting any requests however it did work on SP13.

If it still pulls all requests from PSA just flag " Only get delta once " in the Delta DTP.

Message was edited by:

Jr Roberto

Answers (0)