cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iBrowser Drop Down Box Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

The drop down box is limited to a max 8 rows before it goes to a vertical scroll bar. Is there any way to make that bigger? I have plenty of screen real estate and the scroll bar is a pain. There's nothing in the Display template.

Thanks,

Bill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The <SELECT> element is always an option, but in this case I wanted to specifically use the xMII applet for the dropdowns. I was just curious if there was a backdoor setting to change the number of lines displayed in the dropdown.

I did learn how to use a SERVLET call and XSLT to build the SELECT dropdown without javascript and that the iBrowser will at least autoselect on the first letter. But I have multiple dropdowns that require dynamic interaction, so I'm stuck with client side javascript whichever way I go. Thanks anyway Jeremy.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bill,

Using a SERVLET call on an irpt page might serve you better than dhtml/javascript, and here is a simple sample that builds a dynamic option select list with a server side call (just embedd the section on any irpt page and it should test as is):

<SERVLET NAME="Illuminator">

<PARAM NAME="QueryTemplate" VALUE="Predefined/TagListQuery">

<PARAM NAME="Server" VALUE="Simulator">

<PARAM NAME="Content-Type" VALUE="text/xml">

<PARAM NAME="StyleSheet" VALUE="http://localhost/Illuminator/StyleSheets/IllumList.xsl">

<PARAM NAME="ListSize" VALUE="1">

</SERVLET>

The iBrowser in drop-down combo mode does support a first-letter key index, which should also allow you to at least get in the general vicinity of the item you are looking for.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

iBrowser only is limited in max 8 items as visible.

Only if u want to make this bigger, u need to replace iBrowser Applet with JavaScript Object <SELECT></SELECT> which can also be used as drop-down list and option values can be set at runtime.