cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing types in PCR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

What is the function which is used to assign a processing type to a time pair in PCR. I have tried FILLIPV and it does not seem to work in the PCR. Is there any other function which can be used to assign a processing type to a time pair?

Thanks in advance,

Saroj.

Helpful advice will be rewarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun and Venkat for your replies.

Arun,

I guess COLPA is used for changing the start time and end time for a time pair or set a status. Can you kindly explain me in detail how to assign a processing type using COLPA

Venkat,

The operation COLOP**** can be used to change the time type but I need to change the processing type. Can you explain me how can we change processing type using COLOP****.

Thanks in advance,

Saroj Manrall.

Useful hints will be rewarded.

former_member207885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj,

If you use fillpvX ,it takes care of changing the processing type and again use colop ZZZZ.Colop is used to change time pair.COLOP changes the time pair with the processing type you specied and timetype used after colop.

It changes the TIP entries and transfers to the TOP(O/P)

Change the rule as I suggested and let me know if you have problems.And you can use same time type to which you want this processing type to be assigned.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you use the FILLP operation, according to the SAP help: The new values are only stored in the internal table TIP; the pairs are not changed on the database. You would have to use operation COLPA to update the database.

Hope this helps,

Reward points if helpful,

Thank You,

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat , Arun and Manu for your replies.

Arun,

I tried COLPA and it didnot really help in changing the processing type for a time type.

Manu,

I guess TIMTP is a function which needs to be used only once to create the time types and not to change the processing type.

Venkat,

Your answer really did help. Although I was trying the same since you have first told me about it, I was making a silly mistake that I was using RTIPA to call the PCR instead of PTIPA and now that I have changed it, it is working perfectly.

Thanks for the answer and I have given you full points for solving the problem.

Thanks one and all.

Saroj Manrall.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HAi..

TIMPTP might help u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun,

I have created the required processing types and assigned time types to processing type. But, there is a requirement that I need to over ride these setting for a group of employees. So I am designing a PCR to override the standard time type determination (V_T555Z) table settings to assign my own processing type to the time pair. So in the PCR what operation do I use to assign a processing type to a time pair? FILLIPV is the standard operation which does not seem to work. Can you kindly suggest me any more operations ?

Thanks in advance,

Saroj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the operation COLPA to update the database after you have used FILLP.

Hope this helps,

Thank You,

former_member207885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj,

After using the operation FILLPVX (lets say here ur processing type is X

After FILLPVX use COLOP ZZZZ. here ZZZZ is the time type for which you want to assing pocessing type.Please call the rule with PTIP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun and Shetty,

I have a requirement that I need to ignore the processing types mentioned in the standard tables and set it on my own for a group of employees. So Can I do that in a PCR ignoring the values in the tables T555 Z& Y.

Thanks in advance,

Saroj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then please create your custom processing type in table V_T510V and use this in your time processing.

Hope this helps,

Thank You,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The system forms time pairs from the recorded time data in time evalation.A time type and processing

type are assigned to the time pairs in the course of further processing.

Time types represent a semantic summary of periods of time. Balances which have been formed in time

evaluation fromabsence and attendance times are written to time types.

The processing type indicates how the time pair should be processed in wage type generation.

Reward points Please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try TYPES.

Hope this helps,

Reward points appreciated,

Thank You,